Ashok K. Goel, D. Fox Harrell, Brian Magerko, Yukari Nagai, Jane Prophet (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Creativity & Cognition, The High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, November 3-6, 2011.
ACM 2011, ISBN 978-1-4503-0820-5
Creativity and learning
- Guy Claxton:
Creative-mindedness: when technology helps and when it hinders.
- Sharon Lynn Chu Yew Yee, Francis K. H. Quek, Lin Xiao:
Studying medium effects on children's creative processes.
- Lixiu Yu, Jeffrey V. Nickerson:
Combining concept maps to catalyze creativity.
- Andy Wu, Jung-Bin Yim, Eric Caspary, Ali Mazalek, Sanjay Chandrasekharan, Nancy J. Nersessian:
Kinesthetic pathways: a tabletop visualization to support discovery in systems biology.
- David Norton, Derrall Heath, Dan Ventura:
An artistic dialogue with the artificial.
Creativity & technology -1:
- Boyang Li, Mark O. Riedl:
Creative gadget design in fictions: generalized planning in analogical spaces.
Design - 1
Creativity and music
- Kenny K. N. Chow, D. Fox Harrell:
Enduring interaction: an approach to analysis and design of animated gestural interfaces in creative computing systems.
- Atau Tanaka:
Music one participates in.
Creativity & technology -2:
Creativity and art
- Vikash Singh, Celine Latulipe, Erin A. Carroll, Danielle M. Lottridge:
The choreographer's notebook: a video annotation system for dancers and choreographers.
- Nicholas Davis, Boyang Li, Brian O'Neill, Mark Riedl, Michael Nitsche:
Distributed creative cognition in digital filmmaking.
- Sterling Somers, Jonathan Gagné, César A. Astudillo, Jim Davies:
Using semantic similarity to predict angle and distance of objects in images.
- Kyle E. Jennings, Dean Keith Simonton, Stephen E. Palmer:
Understanding exploratory creativity in a visual domain.
Design - 2
Creativity & technology - 3:
- Ben Shneiderman:
Social discovery framework: building capacity and seeking solutions.
- Jamie Allen, Rachel Clarke, Areti Galani, Kamila Wajda:
Creative ecologies in action: technology and the workshop-as-artwork.
- Jason B. Alonso, Angela Chang, David Robert, Cynthia Breazeal:
Toward a dynamic dramaturgy: an art of presentation in interactive storytelling.
- Julynn Miller Benedetti:
Embroidered confessions: an interactive quilt of the secrets of strangers.
- Nathalie Bonnardel, Carole Bouchard:
Towards supporting creative design: analysis of the use of the TRENDS system according to designers' expertise.
- Acey Kreisler Boyce, Katie Doran, Antoine Campbell, Shaun Pickford, Dustin Culler, Tiffany Barnes:
Social user generated content's effect on creativity in educational games.
- Selmer Bringsjord, Colin Kuebler, Joshua Taylor, Griffin Milsap, Sean Austin, Jonas Braasch, Pauline Oliveros, Doug Van Nort, Adam Rosenkrantz, Kasia Hayden:
Creativity and conducting: handle in the CAIRA project.
- Erin A. Carroll, Celine Latulipe:
Capturing 'in the moment' creativity through data triangulation.
- Yun-Tai Chang, Sheng-Chih Chen, Tsai-Yen Li:
A computer system aiming to stimulate creativity for narrative.
- Yee Chieh "Denise" Chew, Eric Caspary:
MusEEGk: design of a BCMI.
- Amod Damle, Trudi Miller:
Influence of design tools on conceptually driven processes.
- Gina Deininger, Gareth Loudon:
Correlation between coherent heart rate variability and divergent thinking.
- Denise Doyle:
Phenomenologies of practice: the artist in virtual worlds.
- Jill Fantauzzacoffin, Juan D. Rogers, Jay David Bolter:
Creative strategies in artists' and engineers' approaches to technology development: first results of a case study.
- Lalya Gaye, Atau Tanaka:
Beyond participation: empowerment, control and ownership in youth-led collaborative design.
- Georgi V. Georgiev, Yukari Nagai:
The taste of criticism: enhancing feedback for creativity.
- Gunnar Harboe:
Do HCI researchers use computers?
- Richard W. Hass:
Measuring creative impact with web-based data.
- Thomas Herrmann, Angela Carell, Jan Nierhoff:
Creativity barometer: an approach for continuing micro surveys to explore the dynamics of organization's creativity climates.
- Raquell Holmes:
Improvisational theater for computing scientists.
- Sara Jones, Anni Poulsen, Neil A. M. Maiden, Konstantinos Zachos:
User roles in asynchronous distributed collaborative idea generation.
- Hae Youn Joung, Ellen Yi-Luen Do:
Study of affective communication method in tactile hand gesture feedback.
- Yasmin B. Kafai, Deborah A. Fields, Kristin A. Searle:
Everyday creativity in novice e-textile designs.
- Nick Kelly, John S. Gero:
Interpretation as driver for psychological creativity.
- Kyu Han Koh, Vicki E. Bennett, Alexander Repenning:
Computing indicators of creativity.
- Michael Korostelev, Kathryn Knauth, Li Bai:
Dance in augmented reality: calibration and applications.
- Sang Won Lee, Jason Freeman, Andrew Colella, Shannon Yao, Akito Van Troyer:
Collaborative musical improvisation in a laptop ensemble with LOLC.
- Carlos León, Pablo Gervás:
A top-down design methodology based on causality and chronology for developing assisted story generation systems.
- Emily Lovell, Leah Buechley:
LilyPond: an online community for sharing e-textile projects.
- Szu-Chia Lu, Andy Wu, Ellen Yi-Luen Do:
mediPuppet: an interactive comforting companion for children while visiting a doctor.
- Eric Luchian, Corina Sas:
Image schemata in animated metaphors for insight problem solving.
- Tony McCaffrey, Lee Spector:
Innovation is built on the obscure: innovation-enhancing software for uncovering the obscure.
- David Mellis, Leah Buechley:
Scaffolding creativity with open-source hardware.
- Ashraf Mohamed Ahmed, Nathalie Bonnardel, Pierre Côté:
The impact of design media on cognitive load during architectural ideation process.
- Janet H. Murray:
Mapping seduction: traditional narrative abstractions as parameterized story systems.
- Yasuto Nakanishi, Koji Sekiguchi, Takuro Ohmori, Soh Kitahara, Daisuke Akatsuka:
Roles of miniature space in hybrid prototyping.
- Valentina Nisi, Diego Nicoletti, Raffaella Nisi, Nuno Jardim Nunes:
Beyond Eco-feedback: using art and emotional attachment to express energy consumption.
- Shaleph O'Neill:
RE: designing a digital sketchbook.
- Kylie A. Peppler, Diane Glosson, Yasmin B. Kafai, Deborah A. Fields, Kristin A. Searle:
Articulating creativity in a new domain: expert insights from the field of e-textiles.
- Diane Rosen:
Spielraum: play, chance and creativity across disciplines.
- Moushumi Sharmin, Brian P. Bailey:
"I reflect to improve my design": investigating the role and process of reflection in creative design.
- Mark Sherman, Fred G. Martin, Michelle Scribner-MacLean:
The role of iteration in the design processes of middle school students.
- Paul T. Sowden, Leah Dawson:
Creative feelings: the effect of mood on creative ideation and evaluation.
- Sylvia M. Truman:
An exploration of creativity in school children's music composition: study, software and framework.
- Jing Wang, John M. Carroll:
Beyond fixing bugs: case studies of creative collaboration in open source software bug fixing processes.
- Yin-Li Wong, Chien-Sing Lee:
Creative storytelling enhanced through social media and intelligent recommendation.
- Andy Wu, Sam Mendenhall, Jayraj Jog, Ali Mazalek:
Creativity in software development in an academic research lab.
- William W. York, David C. Bender:
Perception, insight, and creativity in paradigm, a game of pattern exploration.
- Konstantinos Zachos, Neil A. M. Maiden, Inger Kristine Karlsen, Sara Jones, Ian Turner, Malcolm Rose, Kevin Pudney, Julie MacManus:
Introducing creativity techniques and software apps to the care of people with dementia.
- Riley Zeller-Townson, Guy Ben-Ary, Phil Gamblen, Peter Gee, Stephen Bobic, Douglas Swehla, Steve M. Potter:
Silent barrage: interactive neurobiological art.
- Jichen Zhu, Kenneth E. Ingraham, J. Michael Moshell, Santiago Ontañón:
Towards a computational model of character status in interactive storytelling.
- Jason Freeman, Sang Won Lee, Shannon Yao, Aaron Albin:
LOLC for laptop music ensemble.
- D. Fox Harrell, Nick Montfort:
A reading of skeleton seas of mare incognitum: an interactive fiction expedition in curveship.
- Haeyoung Kim:
Moori: interactive audience participatory audio-visual performance.
- Celine Latulipe, David Wilson, Berto Gonzalez, Adam Harris, Erin A. Carroll, Sybil Huskey, Melissa Word, Robert Beasley, Nathan Nifong:
- Ali Mazalek, Michael Nitsche, Claudia Rébola, Andy Wu, Paul Clifton, Firaz Peer, Matthew Drake:
Pictures at an exhibition: a physical/digital puppetry performance piece.
Graduate student symposium
Last update Sun May 19 21:47:05 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Erin L. Beatty:
The intersection of poetry and design.
- Allen Bevans:
Investigating the effects of bimanual multitouch interaction on creativity.
- Marius Brade:
Getting a picture of your thoughts: interactive visualization for creative work.
- Erin A. Carroll:
Convergence of self-report and physiological responses for evaluating creativity support tools.
- Chih-Pin Hsiao:
Gesture modeling: improving spatial recognition in architectural design process.
- Hae Youn Joung:
Haptic interaction study and application to haptic mobile design for online communication.
- Monica Maceli:
Bridging the design time - use time divide: towards a future of designing in use.
- Amy Mattingly:
Mind and method: an examination of cognitive activities in the design process.
- Roger Haigh Mills:
Tele-improvisation: cross-cultural creativity in networked improvisation.
- Andrew J. Pringle:
Shifting between modes of thought: a mechanism underlying creative performance?
- Alison Williams:
Creativity syntax: codifying physical space's impact on creativity in the workplace.
- Lixiu Yu:
Crowd creativity through combination.