Miami, FL, USA Gang Luo, Jiming Liu, Christopher C. Yang (Eds.):
ACM International Health Informatics Symposium, IHI '12, Miami, FL, USA, January 28-30, 2012.
ACM 2012, ISBN 978-1-4503-0781-9
- Sophia Ananiadou:
Biomedical text mining for semantic search and knowledge discovery.
- Jonathan R. Wolpaw:
Brain-computer interfaces: progress, problems, and possibilities.
Regular full papers
- Abdelkader Gouaich, Nadia Hocine, Liesjet Van Dokkum, Denis Mottet:
Digital-pheromone based difficulty adaptation in post-stroke therapeutic games.
- Malek Alaoui, Myriam Lewkowicz, Ahmed Seffah:
Increasing elderly social relationships through TV-based services.
- Jakob E. Bardram, Mads Frost, Karoly Szántó, Gabriela Marcu:
The MONARCA self-assessment system: a persuasive personal monitoring system for bipolar patients.
- Christopher L. Barrett, Richard J. Beckman, Keith R. Bisset, Jiangzhuo Chen, Thomas DuBois, Stephen Eubank, V. S. Anil Kumar, Bryan Lewis, Madhav V. Marathe, Aravind Srinivasan, Paula Elaine Stretz:
Optimizing epidemic protection for socially essential workers.
- Asma Ben Abacha, Pierre Zweigenbaum:
Medical question answering: translating medical questions into sparql queries.
- Jinbo Bi, Arun Abraham:
An intelligent web-based decision support tool for enhancing asthma guideline adherence.
- Pavol Bielik, Michal Tomlein, Peter Krátky, Stefan Mitrík, Michal Barla, Mária Bieliková:
Move2Play: an innovative approach to encouraging people to be more physically active.
- Marko Borazio, Kristof Van Laerhoven:
Combining wearable and environmental sensing into an unobtrusive tool for long-term sleep studies.
- Scott Burton, Richard Morris, Michael Dimond, Joshua Hansen, Christophe G. Giraud-Carrier, Joshua West, Carl L. Hanson, Michael Barnes:
Public health community mining in YouTube.
- Beenish Chaudry, Kay H. Connelly, Katie A. Siek, Janet L. Welch:
Mobile interface design for low-literacy populations.
- Han-Bin Chen, Hen-Hsen Huang, Ching-Ting Tan, Jengwei Tjiu, Hsin-Hsi Chen:
A statistical medical summary translation system.
- Yang Chen, Guoqiang Zhang, Rong Xu:
Semi-supervised image classification for automatic construction of a health image library.
- Si-Chi Chin, Charisse Madlock-Brown, W. Nick Street, David Eichmann:
Firework visualization: a model for local citation analysis.
- Huey-Eng Chua, Sourav S. Bhowmick, Lisa Tucker-Kellogg, Qing Zhao, Charles Forbes Dewey Jr., Hanry Yu:
In silico identification of endo16 regulators in the sea urchin endomesoderm gene regulatory network.
- Carlo Combi, Mauro Gambini, Sara Migliorini, Roberto Posenato:
Modelling temporal, data-centric medical processes.
- Tayfur Coskun, Amal Benzina, Eva Artinger, Clemens Binder, Gudrun Klinker:
User-centered development of UI elements for selecting items on a digital map designed for heavy rugged tablet PCs in mass casualty incidents.
- Jeff Crow, Ramona Broussard, Lorrie Dong, Jeanine Finn, Brandon Wiley, Gary Geisler:
A synthesis of research on ICT adoption and use by medical professionals in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Suruchi Deodhar, Keith R. Bisset, Jiangzhuo Chen, Yifei Ma, Madhav V. Marathe:
Enhancing user-productivity and capability through integration of distinct software in epidemiological systems.
- Marie Dupuch, Cédric Bousquet, Natalia Grabar:
Automatic creation and refinement of the clusters of pharmacovigilance terms.
- Alex D. Edgcomb, Frank Vahid:
MNFL: the monitoring and notification flow language for assistive monitoring.
- Aryya Gangopadhyay, Ashish Joshi, Ravinder Wali:
A spectral clustering technique for studying post-transplant kidney functions.
- Judith Gaspers, Kristina Thiele, Philipp Cimiano, Anouschka Foltz, Prisca Stenneken, Marko Tscherepanow:
An evaluation of measures to dissociate language and communication disorders from healthy controls using machine learning techniques.
- Lorraine Goeuriot, Jin-Cheon Na, Wai Yan Min Kyaing, Christopher S. G. Khoo, Yun-Ke Chang, Yin Leng Theng, Jung-Jae Kim:
Sentiment lexicons for health-related opinion mining.
- Ramya Gopalan, Annie I. Antón, Jon Doyle:
UCONLEGAL: a usage control model for HIPAA.
- Manan Gupta, Jeffrey W. Bertrand, Sabarish V. Babu, Philip Polgreen, Alberto Maria Segre:
An evolving multi-agent scenario generation framework for simulations in preventive medicine education.
- Derek L. Hansen, Christianne Johnson:
Veiled viral marketing: disseminating information on stigmatized illnesses via social networking sites.
- Mohammad S. Hashemian, Kevin G. Stanley, Dylan L. Knowles, Jonathan Calver, Nathaniel Osgood:
Human network data collection in the wild: the epidemiological utility of micro-contact and location data.
- Johan Hopstadius, G. Niklas Norén:
Robust discovery of local patterns: subsets and stratification in adverse drug reaction surveillance.
- Ramakanth Kavuluru, Christopher Thomas, Amit P. Sheth, Victor Chan, Wenbo Wang, Alan Smith, Armando Soto, Amy Walters:
An up-to-date knowledge-based literature search and exploration framework for focused bioscience domains.
- Ritu Khare, Yuan An, Jiexun Li, Il-Yeol Song, Xiaohua Hu:
Exploiting semantic structure for mapping user-specified form terms to SNOMED CT concepts.
- Rajiv Khosla, Mei-Tai Chu, Reza Kachouie, Keiji Yamada, Tomoharu Yamaguchi:
Embodying care in Matilda: an affective communication robot for the elderly in Australia.
- Jason Tyler King, Ben H. Smith, Laurie A. Williams:
Modifying without a trace: general audit guidelines are inadequate for open-source electronic health record audit mechanisms.
- Ashwini Lahane, Yelena Yesha, Michael A. Grasso, Anupam Joshi, Adrian Park, Jimmy Lo:
Detection of unsafe action from laparoscopic cholecystectomy video.
- Peifung E. Lam, John C. Mitchell, Andre Scedrov, Sharada Sundaram, Frank Wang:
- Sunghoon Ivan Lee, Jonathan Woodbridge, Ani Nahapetian, Majid Sarrafzadeh:
MARHS: mobility assessment system with remote healthcare functionality for movement disorders.
- Kejia Li, Steve Warren, John Hatcliff:
Component-based app design for platform-oriented devices in a medical device coordination framework.
- Qingzi Vera Liao, Wai-Tat Fu:
Age differences in credibility judgment of online health information.
- Ying Liu, Bridget T. McInnes, Ted Pedersen, Genevieve Melton-Meaux, Serguei V. S. Pakhomov:
Semantic relatedness study using second order co-occurrence vectors computed from biomedical corpora, UMLS and WordNet.
- Deepika Mahalingam, Javed Mostafa, Debbie A. Travers, Stephanie W. Haas, Anna E. Waller:
Automated syndrome classification using early phase emergency department data.
- Ronny Mans, Hajo A. Reijers, Michiel van Genuchten, Daniel Wismeijer:
Mining processes in dentistry.
- Benjamin M. Marlin, David C. Kale, Robinder G. Khemani, Randall C. Wetzel:
Unsupervised pattern discovery in electronic health care data using probabilistic clustering models.
- Justin Martineau, Ronil Mokashi, David Chapman, Michael A. Grasso, Mary Brady, Yelena Yesha, Yaacov Yesha, Antonio Cardone, Alden Dima:
Sub-cellular feature detection and automated extraction of collocalized actin and myosin regions.
- Daisuke Mashima, Mustaque Ahamad:
Enhancing accountability of electronic health record usage via patient-centric monitoring.
- Fieran Mason-Blakley, Jens H. Weber:
CIS system hazards derived from literature using systems and human factors perspectives.
- Stuart Morton, Malika Mahoui, P. Joseph Gibson:
Data anonymization using an improved utility measurement.
- Fleur Mougin, Anita Burgun, Olivier Bodenreider:
Comparing drug-class membership in ATC and NDF-RT.
- Yubin Park, Joydeep Ghosh:
A probabilistic imputation framework for predictive analysis using variably aggregated, multi-source healthcare data.
- Jyotishman Pathak, Richard C. Kiefer, Christopher G. Chute:
Applying linked data principles to represent patient's electronic health records at Mayo clinic: a case report.
- Preethi Raghavan, Eric Fosler-Lussier, Chris Brew, Albert M. Lai:
Medical event coreference resolution using the UMLS metathesaurus and temporal reasoning.
- Praveen R. Rao, Tivakar Komara Swami, Deepthi S. Rao, Michael J. Barnes, Swati G. Thorve, Prasad Natoo:
A software tool for large-scale sharing and querying of clinical documents modeled using HL7 version 3 standard.
- Rasmus Rasmussen:
Electronic whiteboards in emergency medicine: a systematic review.
- Ruty Rinott, Boaz Carmeli, Carmel Kent, Yonatan Maman, Yoav Rubin, Noam Slonim:
Utilizing assigned treatments as labels for supervised machine learning in clinical decision support.
- Christian Seeger, Alejandro P. Buchmann, Kristof Van Laerhoven:
An event-based BSN middleware that supports seamless switching between sensor configurations.
- Mustafa Sofean, Kerstin Denecke, Avaré Stewart, Matthew Smith:
Medical case-driven classification of microblogs: characteristics and annotation.
- A. Cheyenne Solomon, Raquel Hill, Erick Janssen, Stephanie A. Sanders, Julia R. Heiman:
Uniqueness and how it impacts privacy in health-related social science datasets.
- Nicholas Stevens, Ana Rosa Giannareas, Vanessa Kern, Adrian Viesca Trevino, Margaret Fortino-Mullen, Andrew L. King, Insup Lee:
Smart alarms: multivariate medical alarm integration for post CABG surgery patients.
- Wang Chiew Tan, Peter J. Haas, Ronald L. Mak, Cheryl A. Kieliszewski, Patricia G. Selinger, Paul P. Maglio, Susanne Glissmann, Melissa Cefkin, Yinan Li:
Splash: a platform for analysis and simulation of health.
- Thomas Trojer, Basel Katt, Thomas Schabetsberger, Ruth Breu, Richard Mair:
Considering privacy and effectiveness of authorization policies for shared electronic health records.
- Shusaku Tsumoto, Shoji Hirano:
Multidimensional temporal mining in clinical data.
- Qihua Wang, Hongxia Jin:
An analytical solution for consent management in patient privacy preservation.
- Julia Werth, Dominic Furniss:
Medical equipment library design: revealing issues and best practice using DiCoT.
- Ruoyu Wu, Gail-Joon Ahn, Hongxin Hu:
Towards HIPAA-compliant healthcare systems.
- Chen Yang, W. Nick Street, Jennifer G. Robinson:
10-year CVD risk prediction and minimization via InverseClassification.
- Wen Yao, Akhil Kumar:
Integrating clinical pathways into CDSS using context and rules: a case study in heart disease.
- Tae-Jung Yun, Hee Young Jeong, Tanisha D. Hill, Burt Lesnick, Randall Brown, Gregory D. Abowd, Rosa I. Arriaga:
Using SMS to provide continuous assessment and improve health outcomes for children with asthma.
- Mi Zhang, Alexander A. Sawchuk:
Motion primitive-based human activity recognition using a bag-of-features approach.
- Yan Zhang, Peiling Wang, Amy Heaton, Heidi Winkler:
Health information searching behavior in MedlinePlus and the impact of tasks.
- Michael Zuba, Joseph Gilbert, Yu Wu, Jinbo Bi, Howard Tennen, Stephen Armeli:
1-norm support vector machine for college drinking risk factor identification.
- Yuan An, Ritu Khare, Il-Yeol Song, Xiaohua Hu:
Data exploration and knowledge discovery in a patient wellness tracking (PWT) system at a nurse-managed health services center.
- Philip Asare, Danyang Cong, Santosh G. Vattam, BaekGyu Kim, Andrew L. King, Oleg Sokolsky, Insup Lee, Shan Lin, Margaret Mullen-Fortino:
The medical device dongle: an open-source standards-based platform for interoperable medical device connectivity.
- Jorn Bakker, Leszek Holenderski, Rafal Kocielnik, Mykola Pechenizkiy, Natalia Sidorova:
Stess@Work: from measuring stress to its understanding, prediction and handling with personalized coaching.
- Suresh K. Bhavnani, Mamta Abbas, Vickie McMicken, Numan Oezguen, Jeffry A. Tupa:
iCircos: visual analytics for translational bioinformatics.
- Kathrin M. Cresswell, Ann Robertson, Aziz Sheikh:
Lessons learned from England's national electronic health record implementation: implications for the international community.
- Ivko Cvejic, Jun Zhang, James Marx, Judy Tjoe:
Automated search for patient records: classification of free-text medical reports using conditional random fields.
- Louise Deléger, Cyril Grouin:
Detecting negation of medical problems in French clinical notes.
- John A. Doucette, Atif Khan, Robin Cohen:
A comparative evaluation of an ontological medical decision support system (OMeD) for critical environments.
- Xiangyu Fan, Javed Mostafa, Ketan Mane, Cassidy R. Sugimoto:
Personalization is not a panacea: balancing serendipity and personalization in medical news content delivery.
- Lucian Galescu, Nate Blaylock:
A corpus of clinical narratives annotated with temporal information.
- Antônio Tadeu A. Gomes, Artur Ziviani, Bruno Souza Pinto Marques Correa, Iuri Malinoski Teixeira, Vinícius Macedo Moreira:
SPLiCE: a software product line for healthcare.
- Thomas Hupperich, Hans Löhr, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Marcel Winandy:
Flexible patient-controlled security for electronic health records.
- Antonio Jimeno-Yepes, Alan R. Aronson:
Knowledge-based and knowledge-lean methods combined in unsupervised word sense disambiguation.
- Antonio Jimeno-Yepes, James G. Mork, BartBomiej Wilkowski, Dina Demner-Fushman, Alan R. Aronson:
MEDLINE MeSH indexing: lessons learned from machine learning and future directions.
- Arvind Karunakaran, Young Hee-Nam, Madhu Reddy:
Investigating barriers to electronic medical record use during collaborative information seeking activities.
- Gondy Leroy, James E. Endicott:
Combining NLP with evidence-based methods to find text metrics related to perceived and actual text difficulty.
- Ketan K. Mane, Phillips Owen, Chris Bizon, Charles Schmitt, Kenneth Gersing:
Mapping patient treatment profiles and electronic medical records to a clinical guideline for use in patient care.
- Susan McRoy, Vishnuvardhan Vaidhynathan, Amy May, Hayeon Song:
An open architecture for messaging-based consumer-health question-answering.
- Aurélie Névéol, Jiao Li, Zhiyong Lu:
Linking multiple disease-related resources through UMLS.
- Vivek Nigam, Tajana Ban Kirigin, Andre Scedrov, Carolyn L. Talcott, Max I. Kanovich, Ranko Perovic:
Towards an automated assistant for clinical investigations.
- Penelope M. Sanderson, Tania Xiao, Clinton Freeman, Wendy Broxham:
Envisioning healthcare work: models for prospective evaluation of new systems.
- Oliver Schneider, Christopher Dutchyn, Nathaniel Osgood:
Towards frabjous: a two-level system for functional reactive agent-based epidemic simulation.
- Kenneth C. Spry:
An infographical approach to designing the problem list.
- Yuriy Sverchkov, Shyam Visweswaran, Gilles Clermont, Milos Hauskrecht, Gregory F. Cooper:
A multivariate probabilistic method for comparing two clinical datasets.
- Cui Tao, Krist Wongsuphasawat, Kimberly Clark, Catherine Plaisant, Ben Shneiderman, Christopher G. Chute:
Towards event sequence representation, reasoning and visualization for EHR data.
- Yin Leng Theng, Lynette Ying Qin Goh, May Thet Tin, Rajkumar Sopra, Senthil Kumar Praveen Kumar:
Trust cues fostering initial consumers' trust: usability inspection of nutrition and healthcare websites.
- Nervo Xavier Verdezoto, Jesper Wolff Olsen:
Personalized medication management: towards a design of individualized support for elderly citizens at home.
- Byron C. Wallace, Kevin Small, Carla E. Brodley, Joseph Lau, Thomas A. Trikalinos:
Deploying an interactive machine learning system in an evidence-based practice center: abstrackr.
- Duo Wei, Michael Halper, Gai Elhanan:
Using SNOMED semantic concept groupings to enhance semantic-type assignment consistency in the UMLS.
- Lauren Wilcox, Steven Feiner, Andy Liu, Susan Restaino, Sarah A. Collins, David K. Vawdrey:
Designing inpatient technology to meet the medication information needs of cardiology patients.
- Rui Zhang, Serguei V. S. Pakhomov, Genevieve B. Melton:
Automated identification of relevant new information in clinical narrative.
- Joshua Hui, Sarah E. Knoop, Peter Schwarz:
Analyzing clinical data in XML: bridging the gaps.
- Boon-Siew Seah, Sourav S. Bhowmick, Charles Forbes Dewey Jr., Hanry Yu:
FUSE: a system for data-driven multi-level functional summarization of protein interaction networks.
- Huey-Eng Chua, Sourav S. Bhowmick, Lisa Tucker-Kellogg, Yingqi Wang, Charles Forbes Dewey Jr., Hanry Yu:
PANI: an interactive data-driven tool for target prioritization in signaling networks.
- Ioannis Korkontzelos, Sophia Ananiadou:
ASCOT: assisting search and creation of clinical trials.
- Bailey Miller, Frank Vahid, Tony Givargis:
Digital mockups for the testing of a medical ventilator.
- Kyle Thayer, Li Xiong, Vicki Hertzberg:
IFC soft: visual comparison of flow cytometry data using self-organizing maps.
- Vasa Curcin, Thomas Woodcock, Julie E. Reed, Derek Bell:
CLAHRC healthcare improvement support system (HISS).
- Alex Roederer, Andrew Hicks, Enny Oyeniran, Insup Lee, Soojin Park:
Clinical decision support for integrated cyber-physical systems: a mixed methods approach.
Last update Fri May 24 19:19:17 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Anita de Waard, Sophia Ananiadou, Maryann E. Martone, Ágnes Sándor, Hagit Shatkay:
Detecting and using document structure in scientific text.
- Mohit Kumar:
Increasing data availability and focus of analytical research for 4P's of healthcare: trends, opportunities and gaps.
- Shusaku Tsumoto, Mihoko Otake, Hiroshi Nakajima, Takayuki Fujita, Yan Chow:
Towards data: a human/machine-oriented approach of medical data collection.
- Yan Zhang, Prasenjit Mitra, John Yen, Wai-Tat Fu:
Panel on social media for consumer health.