Volume 79, Number 1, January 2010
- Howard L. Bleich, Warner V. Slack:
Reflections on electronic medical records: When doctors will use them and when they will not.
- Kevin O. Hwang, Allison J. Ottenbacher, Angela P. Green, M. Roseann Cannon-Diehl, Oneka Richardson, Elmer V. Bernstam, Eric J. Thomas:
Social support in an Internet weight loss community.
- Svetlena Taneva, Gudela Grote, Anthony C. Easty, Bernhard Plattner:
Decoding the perioperative process breakdowns: A theoretical model and implications for system design.
- Thomas R. Campion Jr., Lemuel R. Waitman, Addison K. May, Asli Ozdas, Nancy M. Lorenzi, Cynthia S. Gadd:
Social, organizational, and contextual characteristics of clinical decision support systems for intensive insulin therapy: A literature review and case study.
- Dean F. Sittig, Adam Wright, Linas Simonaitis, James D. Carpenter, George O. Allen, Bradley N. Doebbeling, Anwar Mohammad Sirajuddin, Joan S. Ash, Blackford Middleton:
The state of the art in clinical knowledge management: An inventory of tools and techniques.
- Joanne L. Callen, Jean H. McIntosh, Julie Li:
Accuracy of medication documentation in hospital discharge summaries: A retrospective analysis of medication transcription errors in manual and electronic discharge summaries.
- Thiago Martini da Costa, Paulo Lísias Salomão, Amilton Souza Martha, Ivan Torres Pisa, Daniel Sigulem:
The impact of short message service text messages sent as appointment reminders to patients' cell phones at outpatient clinics in São Paulo, Brazil.
Volume 79, Number 2, February 2010
- Richard J. Holden:
Physicians' beliefs about using EMR and CPOE: In pursuit of a contextualized understanding of health IT use behavior.
- Alexander Hörbst, Christian Dominik Kohl, Petra Knaup, Elske Ammenwerth:
Attitudes and behaviors related to the introduction of electronic health records among Austrian and German citizens.
- Martin C. Were, Changyu Shen, Mwebesa Bwana, Nneka Emenyonu, Nicholas Musinguzi, Frank Nkuyahaga, Annet Kembabazi, William M. Tierney:
Creation and evaluation of EMR-based paper clinical summaries to support HIV-care in Uganda, Africa.
- Francine L. Maloney, Adam Wright:
USB-based Personal Health Records: An analysis of features and functionality.
- Joanna Abraham, Madhu C. Reddy:
Challenges to inter-departmental coordination of patient transfers: A workflow perspective.
- Stephen E. Ross, Lisa M. Schilling, Douglas H. Fernald, Arthur J. Davidson, David R. West:
Health information exchange in small-to-medium sized family medicine practices: Motivators, barriers, and potential facilitators of adoption.
- Jun Nakaya, Michio Kimura, Kaei Hiroi, Keisuke Ido, Woosung Yang, Hiroshi Tanaka:
Genomic Sequence Variation Markup Language (GSVML).
- Svetlena Taneva, Gudela Grote, Anthony C. Easty, Bernhard Plattner:
Corrigendum to "Decoding the perioperative process breakdowns: A theoretical model and implications for system design" [Int. J. Med. Inform. ()].
Volume 79, Number 3, March 2010
- David Isern, David Sánchez, Antonio Moreno:
Agents applied in health care: A review.
- Yufei Chen, Nicholas Brennan, Farah Magrabi:
Is email an effective method for hospital discharge communication? A randomized controlled trial to examine delivery of computer-generated discharge summaries by email, fax, post and patient hand delivery.
- Johannes Hilbe, Eva Schulc, Barbara Linder, Christa Them:
Development and alarm threshold evaluation of a side rail integrated sensor technology for the prevention of falls.
- Kung Chen, Yuan-Chun Chang, Da-Wei Wang:
Aspect-oriented design and implementation of adaptable access control for Electronic Medical Records.
- Sheraz F. Noormohammad, Burke W. Mamlin, Paul G. Biondich, Brian McKown, Sylvester N. Kimaiyo, Martin C. Were:
Changing course to make clinical decision support work in an HIV clinic in Kenya.
- Eva Deutsch, Georg Duftschmid, Wolfgang Dorda:
Critical areas of national electronic health record programs - Is our focus correct?
Volume 79, Number 4, April 2010 Special Issue Papers
- Pietro Carlo Cacciabue, G. Vella:
Human factors engineering in healthcare systems: The problem of human error and accident management.
- J. M. Christian Bastien:
Usability testing: a review of some methodological and technical aspects of the method.
- Dag Svanæs, Ole Andreas Alsos, Yngve Dahl:
Usability testing of mobile ICT for clinical settings: Methodological and practical challenges.
- Stéphanie Bernonville, Christophe Kolski, Nicolas Leroy, Marie-Catherine Beuscart-Zéphir:
Integrating the SE and HCI models in the human factors engineering cycle for re-engineering Computerized Physician Order Entry systems for medications: Basic principles illustrated by a case study.
- Marie-Catherine Beuscart-Zéphir, Sylvia Pelayo, Stéphanie Bernonville:
Example of a Human Factors Engineering approach to a medication administration work system: Potential impact on patient safety.
- Linda W. P. Peute, Jos Aarts, Piet J. M. Bakker, Monique W. M. Jaspers:
Anatomy of a failure: A sociotechnical evaluation of a laboratory physician order entry system implementation.
- Peter L. Elkin, David Froehling, Dietlind Wahner-Roedler, Brett E. Trusko, Gail Welsh, S. Trent Rosenbloom, Theodore Speroff, Steven H. Brown:
The Health Archetype Language (HAL-42): Interface considerations.
- Julie Niès, Sylvia Pelayo:
From users involvement to users' needs understanding: A case study.
- Elske Ammenwerth, Petra Schnell-Inderst, Uwe Siebert:
Vision and challenges of Evidence-Based Health Informatics: A case study of a CPOE meta-analysis.
- Rodolphe Meyer, Patrice Degoulet:
Choosing the right amount of healthcare information technologies investments.
- Pauline E. Johansson, Göran Petersson, Gunilla C. Nilsson:
Personal digital assistant with a barcode reader - A medical decision support system for nurses in home care.
- Heleen van der Sijs, Rachida Bouamar, Teun van Gelder, Jos Aarts, Marc Berg, Arnold Vulto:
Functionality test for drug safety alerting in computerized physician order entry systems.
- Marge M. Benham-Hutchins, Judith A. Effken:
Multi-professional patterns and methods of communication during patient handoffs.
- Ana Ferreira, Luis Filipe Coelho Antunes, David W. Chadwick, Ricardo João Cruz Correia:
Grounding information security in healthcare.
- Hutchatai Chanlekha, Nigel Collier:
A methodology to enhance spatial understanding of disease outbreak events reported in news articles.
- Cord Spreckelsen, Thomas Martin Deserno, Klaus Spitzer:
The publication echo: Effects of retrieving literature in PubMed by year of publication.
Volume 79, Number 5, May 2010
- Sabine van der Veer, Nicolette de Keizer, Anita C. J. Ravelli, Suzanne Tenkink, Kitty J. Jager:
Improving quality of care. A systematic review on how medical registries provide information feedback to health care providers.
- Johanna Lammintakanen, Kaija Saranto, Tuula Kivinen:
Use of electronic information systems in nursing management.
- William L. Galanter, Daniel B. Hier, Chiang S. Jao, David Sarne:
Computerized physician order entry of medications and clinical decision support can improve problem list documentation compliance.
- Jeremy P. Daniels, Ashlee D. King, D. Douglas Cochrane, Roxane Carr, Nicola T. Shaw, Joanne Lim, J. Mark Ansermino:
A human factors and survey methodology-based design of a web-based adverse event reporting system for families.
- Louise McQuaid, Patricia Breen, Jane Grimson, Charles Normand, Mary Dunne, Norman Delanty, Dipak Kalra, Mary Fitzsimons:
Socio-technical considerations in epilepsy electronic patient record implementation.
- Heleen van der Sijs, Teun van Gelder, Arnold Vulto, Marc Berg, Jos Aarts:
Understanding handling of drug safety alerts: a simulation study.
- Aïda Valls, Karina Gibert, David Sánchez, Montserrat Batet:
Using ontologies for structuring organizational knowledge in Home Care assistance.
Volume 79, Number 6, June 2010 Special Issue Papers
- Samantha Adams:
Blog-based applications and health information: Two case studies that illustrate important questions for Consumer Health Informatics (CHI) research.
- Nina Boulus, Pernille Bjorn:
A cross-case analysis of technology-in-use practices: EPR-adaptation in Canada and Norway.
- Juliana J. Brixey, David J. Robinson, James P. Turley, Jiajie Zhang:
The roles of MDs and RNs as initiators and recipients of interruptions in workflow.
- Nerida Creswick, Johanna I. Westbrook:
Social network analysis of medication advice-seeking interactions among staff in an Australian hospital.
- Maria Hägglund, Isabella Scandurra, Sabine Koch:
Scenarios to capture work processes in shared homecare - From analysis to application.
- Jesper Kjeldskov, Mikael B. Skov, Jan Stage:
A longitudinal study of usability in health care: Does time heal?
- Inger Dybdahl Sørby, Øystein Nytrø:
Analysis of communicative behaviour: Profiling roles and activities.
- Samantha Adams:
Revisiting the online health information reliability debate in the wake of "web 2.0": An inter-disciplinary literature and website review.
- Pascale Carayon, Ann Schoofs Hundt, Tosha B. Wetterneck:
Nurses' acceptance of Smart IV pump technology.
- Rebecca Randell, Dawn Dowding:
Organisational influences on nurses' use of clinical decision support systems.
- Ping Yu, Senthilkumar Gandhidasan, Alexis A. Miller:
Different usage of the same oncology information system in two hospitals in Sydney - Lessons go beyond the initial introduction.
- Rick Goud, Mariette van Engen-Verheul, Nicolette de Keizer, Roland Bal, Arie Hasman, Irene M. Hellemans, Niels Peek:
The effect of computerized decision support on barriers to guideline implementation: A qualitative study in outpatient cardiac rehabilitation.
- Gondy Leroy, Stephen Helmreich, James R. Cowie:
The influence of text characteristics on perceived and actual difficulty of health information.
- Danhong Liu, Xia Wang, Feng Pan, Peng Yang, Yongyong Xu, Xuejun Tang, Jianping Hu, Keqin Rao:
Harmonization of health data at national level: A pilot study in China.
- Pablo Moreno-Ger, Javier Torrente, Julián Bustamante, Carmen Fernández-Galaz, Baltasar Fernández-Manjón, María Dolores Comas-Rengifo:
Application of a low-cost web-based simulation to improve students' practical skills in medical education.
Volume 79, Number 7, July 2010
- Douglas S. Wakefield, David Mehr, Lynn Keplinger, Shannon Canfield, Rajitha Gopidi, Bonnie J. Wakefield, Richelle J. Koopman, Jeffery L. Belden, Robin Kruse, Karl M. Kochendorfer:
Issues and questions to consider in implementing secure electronic patient-provider web portal communications systems.
- Francisco Lupiáñez-Villanueva, Michael Hardey, Joan Torrent, Pilar Ficapal:
The integration of Information and Communication Technology into medical practice.
- Adam D. Cheriff, Akshay G. Kapur, Maggie Qiu, Curtis L. Cole:
Physician productivity and the ambulatory EHR in a large academic multi-specialty physician group.
- Himali Saitwal, Xuan Feng, Muhammad F. Walji, Vimla L. Patel, Jiajie Zhang:
Assessing performance of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) using Cognitive Task Analysis.
- Roberta E. Goldman, Catherine Dubé, Kate L. Lapane:
Beyond the basics: Refills by electronic prescribing.
- Karthik Natarajan, Daniel Stein, Samat Jain, Noemie Elhadad:
An analysis of clinical queries in an electronic health record search utility.
- Thomas G. Savel, Kenneth E. Hall, B. Lee, V. McMullin, M. Miles, John Stinn, P. White, D. Washington, Terry Boyd, Leslie Lenert:
A Public Health Grid (PHGrid): Architecture and value proposition for 21st century public health.
- Amy Coenen, Tae Youn Kim:
Development of terminology subsets using ICNP®.
Volume 79, Number 8, August 2010
- José Manuel Ortega Egea, María Victoria Román González, Manuel Recio Menéndez:
eHealth usage patterns of European general practitioners: A five-year (2002-2007) comparative study.
- Kristiina Häyrinen, Johanna Lammintakanen, Kaija Saranto:
Evaluation of electronic nursing documentation - Nursing process model and standardized terminologies as keys to visible and transparent nursing.
- Jeungok Choi, Suzanne Bakken:
Web-based education for low-literate parents in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Development of a website and heuristic evaluation and usability testing.
- Heidi Buysse, Pascal Coorevits, Georges Van Maele, Annemie Hutse, Jean Kaufman, Johannes Ruige, Georges De Moor:
Introducing telemonitoring for diabetic patients: Development of a telemonitoring 'Health Effect and Readiness' Questionnaire.
- Georg Duftschmid, Thomas Wrba, Christoph Rinner:
Extraction of standardized archetyped data from Electronic Health Record systems based on the Entity-Attribute-Value Model.
Volume 79, Number 9, September 2010 Commentary
- Reinhold Haux:
Medical informatics: Past, present, future.
- InSook Cho, JeongAh Kim, JiHyun Kim, Hyun Young Kim, Yoon Kim:
Design and implementation of a standards-based interoperable clinical decision support architecture in the context of the Korean EHR.
- Adrie C. M. Dumay, Timber I. Haaker:
The electronic locum record for general practitioners: Outcome of an evaluation study in the Netherlands.
- Jørgen P. Bansler, Erling C. Havn:
Pilot implementation of health information systems: Issues and challenges.
- Nurit Nirel, Bruce Rosen, Assaf Sharon, Orna Blondheim, Michael Sherf, Hadar Samuel, Arnon D. Cohen:
The impact of an integrated hospital-community medical information system on quality and service utilization in hospital departments.
- Margrethe Aanesen, Mikko Moilanen, Frank Olsen:
Economic gains from electronic message exchange: The importance of working procedures.
Volume 79, Number 10, October 2010
- Marie-Pierre Gagnon, Pierre Pluye, Marie Desmartis, Josip Car, Claudia Pagliari, Michel Labrecque, Pierre Frémont, Johanne Gagnon, M. Njoya, France Légaré:
A systematic review of interventions promoting clinical information retrieval technology (CIRT) adoption by healthcare professionals.
- Sing-ling Tsai, Ying-Chou Sun, Fang-Meei Taur:
Comparing the working time between Bar-Code Medication Administration system and traditional medication administration system: An observational study.
- Reza Khajouei, Niels Peek, P. C. Wierenga, M. J. Kersten, Monique W. M. Jaspers:
Effect of predefined order sets and usability problems on efficiency of computerized medication ordering.
- V. Nerich, S. Limat, M. Demarchi, C. Borg, P. S. Rohrlich, E. Deconinck, V. Westeel, C. Villanueva, M. C. Woronoff-Lemsi, X. Pivot:
Computerized physician order entry of injectable antineoplastic drugs: An epidemiologic study of prescribing medication errors.
- Heui Sug Jo, Moon-Sun Hwang, HeyJean Lee:
Market segmentation of health information use on the Internet in Korea.
- Markus Wünschel, Ulf Leichtle, Nikolaus Wülker, Torsten Kluba:
Using a web-based orthopaedic clinic in the curricular teaching of a German university hospital: Analysis of learning effect, student usage and reception.
- Marcos Ortega, Noelia Barreira, Jorge Novo, Manuel G. Penedo, Antonio Pose-Reino, Francisco Gómez-Ulla:
Sirius: A web-based system for retinal image analysis.
Volume 79, Number 11, November 2010 Editorial
- Anne G. Ekeland, Alison Bowes, Signe Flottorp:
Effectiveness of telemedicine: A systematic review of reviews.
- Peter L. Elkin, Mark Liebow, Brent A. Bauer, Swarna Chaliki, Dietlind Wahner-Roedler, John Bundrick, Mark Lee, Steven H. Brown, David Froehling, Kent R. Bailey, Kathleen Famiglietti, Richard J. Kim, Edward P. Hoffer, Mitchell Feldman, G. Octo Barnett:
The introduction of a diagnostic decision support system (DXplainTM) into the workflow of a teaching hospital service can decrease the cost of service for diagnostically challenging Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs).
- Arun Vishwanath, Sandeep Rajan Singh, Peter Winkelstein:
The impact of electronic medical record systems on outpatient workflows: A longitudinal evaluation of its workflow effects.
- Hanna M. Seidling, Marilyn D. Paterno, Walter E. Haefeli, David W. Bates:
Coded entry versus free-text and alert overrides: What you get depends on how you ask.
Volume 79, Number 12, December 2010
Last update Tue May 21 19:04:05 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Joshua R. Vest:
More than just a question of technology: Factors related to hospitals' adoption and implementation of health information exchange.
- Ann Scheck McAlearney, Julie Robbins, Annemarie Hirsch, Maria Jorina, J. Phil Harrop:
Perceived efficiency impacts following electronic health record implementation: An exploratory study of an urban community health center network.
- Emily S. Patterson, Michelle L. Rogers, Anne M. Tomolo, Robert L. Wears, Joel Tsevat:
Comparison of extent of use, information accuracy, and functions for manual and electronic patient status boards.
- Scott M. Strayer, Allen F. Shaughnessy, Kenneth S. Yew, Mark B. Stephens, David C. Slawson:
Updating clinical knowledge: An evaluation of current information alerting services.
- Christian Senger, Jens Kaltschmidt, Simon P. W. Schmitt, Markus G. Pruszydlo, Walter E. Haefeli:
Misspellings in drug information system queries: Characteristics of drug name spelling errors and strategies for their prevention.
- Hyeoneui Kim, Jeeyae Choi, Sarah Thompson, Lindsay Meeker, Patricia C. Dykes, Denise Goldsmith, Lucila Ohno-Machado:
Automating pressure ulcer risk assessment using documented patient data.
- John S. Aberdeen, Samuel Bayer, Reyyan Yeniterzi, Benjamin Wellner, Cheryl Clark, David A. Hanauer, Bradley Malin, Lynette Hirschman:
The MITRE Identification Scrubber Toolkit: Design, training, and assessment.