Volume 18, Number 1, January 2011 Highlights Editorial Research and applications
Case reports Brief communication Perspectives
- Bradley Malin, Kathleen Benitez, Daniel R. Masys:
Never too old for anonymity: a statistical standard for demographic data sharing via the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Joaquin A. Blaya, Sonya S. Shin, Carmen Contreras, Gloria Yale, Carmen Suares, Luis Asencios, Jihoon Kim, Pablo Rodriguez, Peter Cegielski, Hamish S. F. Fraser:
Full impact of laboratory information system requires direct use by clinical staff: cluster randomized controlled trial.
- Jennifer S. Myers, Sattar Gojraty, Wei Yang, Amy Linsky, Subha Airan-Javia, Rosemary C. Polomano:
A randomized-controlled trial of computerized alerts to reduce unapproved medication abbreviation use.
- Nancy L. Atkinson, Holly A. Massett, Christy Mylks, Lauren A. McCormack, Julia Kish-Doto, Bradford W. Hesse, Min Qi Wang:
Assessing the impact of user-centered research on a clinical trial eHealth tool via counterbalanced research design.
- Kim R. Saverno, Lisa E. Hines, Terri L. Warholak, Amy J. Grizzle, Lauren Babits, Courtney Clark, Ann M. Taylor, Daniel C. Malone:
Ability of pharmacy clinical decision-support software to alert users about clinically important drug-drug interactions.
- Alexander G. Fiks, Evaline A. Alessandrini, Christopher B. Forrest, Saira Khan, A. Russell Localio, Andreas Gerber:
Electronic medical record use in pediatric primary care.
- Sarah A. Collins, Suzanne Bakken, David K. Vawdrey, Enrico W. Coiera, Leanne M. Currie:
Agreement between common goals discussed and documented in the ICU.
- Calvin K. L. Or, Ben-Tzion Karsh, Dolores J. Severtson, Laura J. Burke, Roger L. Brown, Patricia Flatley Brennan:
Factors affecting home care patients' acceptance of a web-based interactive self-management technology.
- Ana Lucia Hincapie, Terri L. Warholak, Anita C. Murcko, Marion Slack, Daniel C. Malone:
Physicians' opinions of a health information exchange.
Correspondence Messages from AMIA
- Kenneth W. Goodman, Eta S. Berner, Mark A. Dente, Bonnie Kaplan, Ross Koppel, Donald Rucker, Daniel Z. Sands, Peter Winkelstein:
Challenges in ethics, safety, best practices, and oversight regarding HIT vendors, their customers, and patients: a report of an AMIA special task force.
- Meryl Bloomrosen, Justin Starren, Nancy M. Lorenzi, Joan S. Ash, Vimla L. Patel, Edward H. Shortliffe:
Anticipating and addressing the unintended consequences of health IT and policy: a report from the AMIA 2009 Health Policy Meeting.
- Thomas H. Payne, Don E. Detmer, Jeremy C. Wyatt, Iain E. Buchan:
National-scale clinical information exchange in the United Kingdom: lessons for the United States.
- Robert H. Dolin, Liora Alschuler:
Approaching semantic interoperability in Health Level Seven.
Volume 18, Number 2, March 2011 Highlights
Editorial Research and applications
- Lucila Ohno-Machado:
Electronic health records and computer-based clinical decision support: are we there yet?
- George Hripcsak, David K. Vawdrey, Matthew R. Fred, Susan B. Bostwick:
Use of electronic clinical documentation: time spent and team interactions.
- Nhan V. Do, Rick Barnhill, Kimberly A. Heermann-Do, Keith L. Salzman, Ronald W. Gimbel:
The military health system's personal health record pilot with Microsoft HealthVault and Google Health.
- Tracy Ann Sykes, Viswanath Venkatesh, Arun Rai:
Explaining physicians' use of EMR systems and performance in the shakedown phase.
- Jose F. Florez-Arango, M. Sriram Iyengar, Kim Dunn, Jiajie Zhang:
Performance factors of mobile rich media job aids for community health workers.
- Christopher Pearce, Michael Arnold, Christine Phillips, Stephen Trumble, Kathryn Dwan:
The patient and the computer in the primary care consultation.
- Joshua R. Vest, Hongwei Zhao, Jon Jasperson, Larry D. Gamm, Robert L. Ohsfeldt:
Factors motivating and affecting health information exchange usage.
- Martin C. Were, Changyu Shen, William M. Tierney, Joseph J. Mamlin, Paul G. Biondich, Xiaochun Li, Sylvester N. Kimaiyo, Burke W. Mamlin:
Evaluation of computer-generated reminders to improve CD4 laboratory monitoring in sub-Saharan Africa: a prospective comparative study.
Case report Perspectives
- Omer Aziz, Louis Atallah, Benny P. L. Lo, Edward Gray, Thanos Athanasiou, Ara Darzi, Guang-Zhong Yang:
Ear-worn body sensor network device: an objective tool for functional postoperative home recovery monitoring.
- Robert E. El-Kareh, Tejal K. Gandhi, Eric G. Poon, Lisa P. Newmark, Jonathan Ungar, E. John Orav, Thomas D. Sequist:
Actionable reminders did not improve performance over passive reminders for overdue tests in the primary care setting.
- Kevin Haynes, Darren R. Linkin, Neil O. Fishman, Warren B. Bilker, Brian L. Strom, Eric A. Pifer, Sean Hennessy:
Effectiveness of an information technology intervention to improve prophylactic antibacterial use in the postoperative period.
Messages from AMIA
- Joseph L. Y. Liu, Jeremy C. Wyatt:
The case for randomized controlled trials to assess the impact of clinical information systems.
- S. Trent Rosenbloom, Joshua C. Denny, Hua Xu, Nancy M. Lorenzi, William W. Stead, Kevin B. Johnson:
Data from clinical notes: a perspective on the tension between structure and flexible documentation.
- Adam Wright, Dean F. Sittig, Joan S. Ash, David W. Bates, Joshua Feblowitz, Greg Fraser, Saverio M. Maviglia, Carmit McMullen, W. Paul Nichol, Justine E. Pang, Jack Starmer, Blackford Middleton:
Governance for clinical decision support: case studies and recommended practices from leading institutions.
- Julia Kampov-Polevoi, Bradley M. Hemminger:
A curricula-based comparison of biomedical and health informatics programs in the USA.
Volume 18, Number 3, May 2011 Highlights
- Lucila Ohno-Machado:
Informatics is about algorithms, systems, people, and social networks.
Research and applications
- Lucila Ohno-Machado:
A hybrid open-access model to bridge the publishing divide and reach out to a broader community.
- Khaled El Emam, Jun Hu, Jay Mercer, Liam Peyton, Murat Kantarcioglu, Bradley Malin, David L. Buckeridge, Saeed Samet, Craig Earle:
A secure protocol for protecting the identity of providers when disclosing data for disease surveillance.
- Jialan Que, Fu-Chiang Tsui:
Rank-based spatial clustering: an algorithm for rapid outbreak detection.
- Christopher A. Naun, Cody S. Olsen, J. Michael Dean, Lenora M. Olson, Lawrence J. Cook, Heather T. Keenan:
Can poison control data be used for pharmaceutical poisoning surveillance?
- Adam Wright, Dean F. Sittig, Joan S. Ash, Joshua Feblowitz, Seth Meltzer, Carmit McMullen, Ken P. Guappone, Jim Carpenter, Joshua E. Richardson, Linas Simonaitis, R. Scott Evans, W. Paul Nichol, Blackford Middleton:
Development and evaluation of a comprehensive clinical decision support taxonomy: comparison of front-end tools in commercial and internally developed electronic health record systems.
- Laura J. Hoeksema, Alia Bazzy-Asaad, Edwin A. Lomotan, Diana E. Edmonds, Gabriela Ramírez-Garnica, Richard N. Shiffman, Leora I. Horwitz:
Accuracy of a computerized clinical decision-support system for asthma assessment and management.
- Thomas R. Campion Jr., Addison K. May, Lemuel R. Waitman, Asli Ozdas, Nancy M. Lorenzi, Cynthia S. Gadd:
Characteristics and effects of nurse dosing over-rides on computer-based intensive insulin therapy protocol performance.
- Adam G. Dunn, Mei-Sing Ong, Johanna I. Westbrook, Farah Magrabi, Enrico W. Coiera, Wayne Wobcke:
A simulation framework for mapping risks in clinical processes: the case of in-patient transfers.
- Lynn Curry, Martin H. Reed:
Electronic decision support for diagnostic imaging in a primary care setting.
- Sowmya R. Rao, Catherine M. DesRoches, Karen Donelan, Eric G. Campbell, Paola D. Miralles, Ashish K. Jha:
Electronic health records in small physician practices: availability, use, and perceived benefits.
- Julie Chan, Kaveh G. Shojania, Anthony C. Easty, Edward E. Etchells:
Does user-centred design affect the efficiency, usability and safety of CPOE order sets?
- Kai Zheng, Qiaozhu Mei, David A. Hanauer:
Collaborative search in electronic health records.
- Elissa R. Weitzman, Emily Cole, Liljana Kaci, Kenneth D. Mandl:
Social but safe? Quality and safety of diabetes-related online social networks.
- Priya Nambisan:
Information seeking and social support in online health communities: impact on patients' perceived empathy.
- Rebecca Schnall, James J. Cimino, Leanne M. Currie, Suzanne Bakken:
Information needs of case managers caring for persons living with HIV.
- Jeffrey L. Schnipper, Catherine L. Liang, Claus Hamann, Andrew S. Karson, Matvey B. Palchuk, Patricia C. McCarthy, Melanie Sherlock, Alexander Turchin, David W. Bates:
Development of a tool within the electronic medical record to facilitate medication reconciliation after hospital discharge.
- Daniele Segagni, Fulvia Ferrazzi, Cristiana Larizza, Valentina Tibollo, Carlo Napolitano, Silvia G. Priori, Riccardo Bellazzi:
R Engine Cell: integrating R into the i2b2 software infrastructure.
Reviews Perspective Correspondence Messages from AMIA
- Urmimala Sarkar, Andrew J. Karter, Jennifer Y. Liu, Nancy E. Adler, Robert Nguyen, Andrea López, Dean Schillinger:
Social disparities in internet patient portal use in diabetes: evidence that the digital divide extends beyond access.
- Rajika L. Munasinghe, Camelia Arsene, Tarun K. Abraham, Marwan Zidan, Mohamed Siddique:
Improving the utilization of admission order sets in a computerized physician order entry system by integrating modular disease specific order subsets into a general medicine admission order set.
Volume 18, Number 4, July 2011 Highlights Editorial
Perspectives In Memoriam Research and applications
- Atul J. Butte, Nigam H. Shah:
Computationally translating molecular discoveries into tools for medicine: translational bioinformatics articles now featured in JAMIA.
Brief communication Case report Reviews Correspondence
- Wei Wei, Shyam Visweswaran, Gregory F. Cooper:
The application of naive Bayes model averaging to predict Alzheimer's disease from genome-wide data.
- Jyotishman Pathak, Janey Wang, Sudha Kashyap, Melissa A. Basford, Rongling Li, Daniel R. Masys, Christopher G. Chute:
Mapping clinical phenotype data elements to standardized metadata repositories and controlled terminologies: the eMERGE Network experience.
- Hua Xu, Min Jiang, Matt Oetjens, Erica A. Bowton, Andrea H. Ramirez, Janina M. Jeff, Melissa A. Basford, Jill M. Pulley, James D. Cowan, Xiaoming Wang, Marylyn D. Ritchie, Daniel R. Masys, Dan M. Roden, Dana C. Crawford, Joshua C. Denny:
Facilitating pharmacogenetic studies using electronic health records and natural-language processing: a case study of warfarin.
- James L. Chen, Jianrong Li, Walter M. Stadler, Yves A. Lussier:
Protein-network modeling of prostate cancer gene signatures reveals essential pathways in disease recurrence.
- David J. Foran, Lin Yang, Wenjin Chen, Jun Hu, Lauri A. Goodell, Michael Reiss, Fusheng Wang, Tahsin M. Kurç, Tony Pan, Ashish Sharma, Joel H. Saltz:
ImageMiner: a software system for comparative analysis of tissue microarrays using content-based image retrieval, high-performance computing, and grid technology.
- Karl G. Helmer, José Luis Ambite, Joseph Ames, Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Gully Burns, Ann L. Chervenak, Ian T. Foster, Lee Liming, David B. Keator, Fabio Macciardi, Ravi K. Madduri, John-Paul Navarro, Steven G. Potkin, Bruce R. Rosen, Seth Ruffins, Robert Schuler, Jessica A. Turner, Arthur W. Toga, Christina Williams, Carl Kesselman:
Enabling collaborative research using the Biomedical Informatics Research Network (BIRN).
- Kevin W. Boyack, Paul Jordan:
Metrics associated with NIH funding: a high-level view.
- Alan L. Rector, Sam Brandt, Thomas Schneider:
Getting the foot out of the pelvis: modeling problems affecting use of SNOMED CT hierarchies in practical applications.
- Stuart J. Nelson, Kelly Zeng, John Kilbourne, Tammy Powell, Robin Moore:
Normalized names for clinical drugs: RxNorm at 6 years.
- Sharique Hasan, George T. Duncan, Daniel B. Neill, Rema Padman:
Automatic detection of omissions in medication lists.
- Guergana K. Savova, Wendy Webber Chapman, Jiaping Zheng, Rebecca S. Crowley:
Anaphoric relations in the clinical narrative: corpus creation.
- Randy J. Carnevale, Thomas R. Talbot, William Schaffner, Karen C. Bloch, Titus L. Daniels, Randolph A. Miller:
Evaluating the utility of syndromic surveillance algorithms for screening to detect potentially clonal hospital infection outbreaks.
- Katrin Kirchhoff, Anne M. Turner, Amittai Axelrod, Francisco Saavedra:
Application of statistical machine translation to public health information: a feasibility study.
- Hanna M. Seidling, Shobha Phansalkar, Diane L. Seger, Marilyn D. Paterno, Shimon Shaykevich, Walter E. Haefeli, David W. Bates:
Factors influencing alert acceptance: a novel approach for predicting the success of clinical decision support.
- Aaron E. Carroll, Paul G. Biondich, Vibha Anand, Tamara M. Dugan, Meena E. Sheley, Shawn Z. Xu, Stephen M. Downs:
Targeted screening for pediatric conditions with the CHICA system.
- Aldo Tinoco, R. Scott Evans, Catherine J. Staes, James F. Lloyd, Jeffrey M. Rothschild, Peter J. Haug:
Comparison of computerized surveillance and manual chart review for adverse events.
- Aziz A. Boxwala, Jihoon Kim, Janice M. Grillo, Lucila Ohno-Machado:
Using statistical and machine learning to help institutions detect suspicious access to electronic health records.
- Robert S. Rudin:
Why clinicians use or don't use health information exchange.
Messages from AMIA
- Miriam Bloom:
American College of Medical Informatics In Memoriam, 2009-2010.
Volume 18, Number 5, September 2011 Highlights
Editorial Review Perspectives Research and applications
- Lucila Ohno-Machado:
Realizing the full potential of electronic health records: the role of natural language processing.
Perspectives Research and applications
- Berry de Bruijn, Colin Cherry, Svetlana Kiritchenko, Joel D. Martin, Xiaodan Zhu:
Machine-learned solutions for three stages of clinical information extraction: the state of the art at i2b2 2010.
- Cheryl Clark, John S. Aberdeen, Matt Coarr, David Tresner-Kirsch, Ben Wellner, Alexander S. Yeh, Lynette Hirschman:
MITRE system for clinical assertion status classification.
- Kirk Roberts, Sanda M. Harabagiu:
A flexible framework for deriving assertions from electronic medical records.
- Jon D. Patrick, Dung H. M. Nguyen, Yefeng Wang, Min Li:
A knowledge discovery and reuse pipeline for information extraction in clinical notes.
- Manabu Torii, Kavishwar B. Wagholikar, Hongfang Liu:
Using machine learning for concept extraction on clinical documents from multiple data sources.
- Anne-Lyse Minard, Anne-Laure Ligozat, Asma Ben Abacha, Delphine Bernhard, Bruno Cartoni, Louise Deléger, Brigitte Grau, Sophie Rosset, Pierre Zweigenbaum, Cyril Grouin:
Hybrid methods for improving information access in clinical documents: concept, assertion, and relation identification.
- Bryan Rink, Sanda M. Harabagiu, Kirk Roberts:
Automatic extraction of relations between medical concepts in clinical texts.
- Min Jiang, Yukun Chen, Mei Liu, S. Trent Rosenbloom, Subramani Mani, Joshua C. Denny, Hua Xu:
A study of machine-learning-based approaches to extract clinical entities and their assertions from discharge summaries.
- Leonard W. D'Avolio, Thien M. Nguyen, Sergey Goryachev, Louis D. Fiore:
Automated concept-level information extraction to reduce the need for custom software and rules development.
- Vijay Garla, Vincent Lo Re III, Zachariah Dorey-Stein, Farah Kidwai, Matthew Scotch, Julie Womack, Amy Justice, Cynthia Brandt:
The Yale cTAKES extensions for document classification: architecture and application.
- James Hunter, Yvonne Freer, Albert Gatt, Ehud Reiter, Somayajulu Sripada, Cindy Sykes, Dave Westwater:
BT-Nurse: computer generation of natural language shift summaries from complex heterogeneous medical data.
- Feifan Liu, Gökhan Tür, Dilek Hakkani-Tür, Hong Yu:
Towards spoken clinical-question answering: evaluating and adapting automatic speech-recognition systems for spoken clinical questions.
- Taxiarchis Botsis, Michael D. Nguyen, Emily Jane Woo, Marianthi Markatou, Robert Ball:
Text mining for the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System: medical text classification using informative feature selection.
- Vitaly Herasevich, Matthew S. Pieper, Juan Pulido, Ognjen Gajic:
Enrollment into a time sensitive clinical study in the critical care setting: results from computerized septic shock sniffer implementation.
- Hangsheng Liu, Q. Burkhart, Douglas S. Bell:
Evaluation of the NCPDP Structured and Codified Sig Format for e-prescriptions.
- Cynthia Lokker, R. Brian Haynes, Nancy L. Wilczynski, K. Ann McKibbon, Stephen D. Walter:
Retrieval of diagnostic and treatment studies for clinical use through PubMed and PubMed's Clinical Queries filters.
- Minlie Huang, Aurélie Névéol, Zhiyong Lu:
Recommending MeSH terms for annotating biomedical articles.
Brief communication Case report Correspondence
- Jing-song Li, Tian-Shu Zhou, Jian Chu, Kenji Araki, Hiroyuki Yoshihara:
Design and development of an international clinical data exchange system: the international layer function of the Dolphin Project.
- Kevin B. Johnson, Kim M. Unertl, Qingxia Chen, Nancy M. Lorenzi, Hui Nian, James Bailey, Mark E. Frisse:
Health information exchange usage in emergency departments and clinics: the who, what, and why.
- David V. LaBorde, Jacqueline A. Griffin, Hannah K. Smalley, Pinar Keskinocak, George Mathew:
A framework for assessing patient crossover and health information exchange value.
- Kai Zheng, Michael H. Guo, David A. Hanauer:
Using the time and motion method to study clinical work processes and workflow: methodological inconsistencies and a call for standardized research.
- Cynthia S. Gadd, Yun-Xian Ho, Cather Marie Cala, Dana Blakemore, Qingxia Chen, Mark E. Frisse, Kevin B. Johnson:
User perspectives on the usability of a regional health information exchange.
Messages from AMIA
- Amanda Parsons, Winfred Wu:
In response to: Electronic health records in small physician practices: availability, use, and perceived benefits.
Volume 18, Number 6, November 2011 Highlights Editorial
Reviews Perspective Research and applications
- Kevin Johnson:
Computerized provider-order entry: challenges, achievements, and opportunities.
Brief communication Case reports
- Melissa T. Baysari, Johanna I. Westbrook, Katrina L. Richardson, Richard O. Day:
The influence of computerized decision support on prescribing during ward-rounds: are the decision-makers targeted?
- Daniel Riedmann, Martin Jung, Werner Hackl, Elske Ammenwerth:
How to improve the delivery of medication alerts within computerized physician order entry systems: an international Delphi study.
- Karen C. Nanji, Jeffrey M. Rothschild, Claudia A. Salzberg, Carol A. Keohane, Katherine Zigmont, Jim Devita, Tejal K. Gandhi, Anuj K. Dalal, David W. Bates, Eric G. Poon:
Errors associated with outpatient computerized prescribing systems.
- Tosha B. Wetterneck, James M. Walker, Mary Ann Blosky, Randi S. Cartmill, Peter Hoonakker, Mark A. Johnson, Evan Norfolk, Pascale Carayon:
Factors contributing to an increase in duplicate medication order errors after CPOE implementation.
- Jonathan S. Austrian, Jason S. Adelman, Stan H. Reissman, Hillel W. Cohen, Henny H. Billett:
The impact of the heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) computerized alert on provider behaviors and patient outcomes.
- Gregory P. T. Scott, Priya Shah, Jeremy C. Wyatt, Boikanyo Makubate, Frank W. Cross:
Making electronic prescribing alerts more effective: scenario-based experimental study in junior doctors.
- Ka-Chun Cheung, Patricia M. L. A. van den Bemt, Marcel L. Bouvy, Michel Wensing, Peter A. G. M. De Smet:
A nationwide medication incidents reporting system in The Netherlands.
- David W. Baker, Stephen D. Persell, Abel N. Kho, Jason A. Thompson, Darren Kaiser:
The marginal value of pre-visit paper reminders when added to a multifaceted electronic health record based quality improvement system.
- Pascale Carayon, Randi S. Cartmill, Mary Ann Blosky, Roger L. Brown, Matthew Hackenberg, Peter Hoonakker, Ann Schoofs Hundt, Evan Norfolk, Tosha B. Wetterneck, James M. Walker:
ICU nurses' acceptance of electronic health records.
- Patricia Dennehy, Mary P. White, Andrew Hamilton, Joanne M. Pohl, Clare Tanner, Tiffiani J. Onifade, Kai Zheng:
A partnership model for implementing electronic health records in resource-limited primary care settings: experiences from two nurse-managed health centers.
- Charlene R. Weir, Nanci McLeskey, Cherie Brunker, Denise Brooks, Mark A. Supiano:
The role of information technology in translating educational interventions into practice: an analysis using the PRECEDE/PROCEED model.
- Peter J. Bostrom, Paul J. Toren, Hao Xi, Raymond Chow, Tran Truong, Justin Liu, Kelly Lane, Laura Legere, Anjum Chagpar, Alexandre R. Zlotta, Antonio Finelli, Neil E. Fleshner, Ethan D. Grober, Michael A. S. Jewett:
Point-of-care clinical documentation: assessment of a bladder cancer informatics tool (eCancerCareBladder): a randomized controlled study of efficacy, efficiency and user friendliness compared with standard electronic medical records.
- Leslie A. Lenert, D. Kirsh, William G. Griswold, Colleen Buono, J. Lyon, Ramesh Rao, T. C. Chan:
Design and evaluation of a wireless electronic health records system for field care in mass casualty settings.
- Robert S. Rudin, Claudia A. Salzberg, Peter Szolovits, Lynn A. Volk, Steven R. Simon, David W. Bates:
Care transitions as opportunities for clinicians to use data exchange services: how often do they occur?
- Adam Wright, Justine E. Pang, Joshua Feblowitz, Francine L. Maloney, Allison R. Wilcox, Harley Z. Ramelson, Louise I. Schneider, David W. Bates:
A method and knowledge base for automated inference of patient problems from structured data in an electronic medical record.
- Zach Landis-Lewis, Claudia Mello-Thoms, Oliver J. Gadabu, E. Miranda Gillespie, Gerald P. Douglas, Rebecca S. Crowley:
The feasibility of automating audit and feedback for ART guideline adherence in Malawi.
Messages from AMIA
- Joan S. Ash, Dean F. Sittig, Adam Wright, Carmit McMullen, Michael Shapiro, Arwen Bunce, Blackford Middleton:
Clinical decision support in small community practice settings: a case study.
- Kai Zheng, David A. Hanauer, Rema Padman, Michael P. Johnson, Anwar A. Hussain, Wen Ye, Xiaomu Zhou, Herbert S. Diamond:
Handling anticipated exceptions in clinical care: investigating clinician use of 'exit strategies' in an electronic health records system.
- Edward H. Shortliffe:
President's column: subspecialty certification in clinical informatics.
Volume 18, Number Supplement, December 2011 Highlights
Focus on personal health records - Research and applications
- Lucila Ohno-Machado:
Innovative approaches to support patient decision making, improve safety, and enable large-scale clinical research.
Focus on clinical care and patient safety - Research and applications
- David A. Haggstrom, Jason J. Saleem, Alissa L. Russ, Josette Jones, Scott A. Russell, Neale R. Chumbler:
Lessons learned from usability testing of the VA's personal health record.
- Chandra Y. Osborn, S. Trent Rosenbloom, Shane P. Stenner, Shilo Anders, Sue Muse, Kevin B. Johnson, Jim Jirjis, Gretchen Purcell Jackson:
MyHealthAtVanderbilt: policies and procedures governing patient portal functionality.
- Frederick North, Barbara K. Hanna, Sarah J. Crane, Steven A. Smith, Sidna M. Tulledge-Scheitel, Robert J. Stroebel:
Patient portal doldrums: does an exam room promotional video during an office visit increase patient portal registrations and portal use?
Focus on clinical and translational research
- Joshua E. Richardson, Joan S. Ash:
A clinical decision support needs assessment of community-based physicians.
- Gai Elhanan, Yehoshua Perl, James Geller:
A survey of SNOMED CT direct users, 2010: impressions and preferences regarding content and quality.
- Allison M. Miller, Maureen S. Boro, Nancy E. Korman, J. Ben Davoren:
Provider and pharmacist responses to warfarin drug-drug interaction alerts: a study of healthcare downstream of CPOE alerts.
- Kai Zheng, Kathleen Fear, Bruce W. Chaffee, Christopher R. Zimmerman, Edward M. Karls, Justin D. Gatwood, James G. Stevenson, Mark D. Pearlman:
Development and validation of a survey instrument for assessing prescribers' perception of computerized drug-drug interaction alerts.
- Marianne Zachariah, Shobha Phansalkar, Hanna M. Seidling, Pamela M. Neri, Kathrin M. Cresswell, Jon Duke, Meryl Bloomrosen, Lynn A. Volk, David W. Bates:
Development and preliminary evidence for the validity of an instrument assessing implementation of human-factors principles in medication-related decision-support systems - I-MeDeSA.
- Santiago Vilar, Rave Harpaz, Herbert S. Chase, Stefano Costanzi, Raul Rabadan, Carol Friedman:
Facilitating adverse drug event detection in pharmacovigilance databases using molecular structure similarity: application to rhabdomyolysis.
- Brian L. Strom, Rita Schinnar, Joshua Jones, Warren B. Bilker, Mark G. Weiner, Sean Hennessy, Charles E. Leonard, Peter F. Cronholm, Eric A. Pifer:
Detecting pregnancy use of non-hormonal category X medications in electronic medical records.
Research and applications
- Ted D. Wade, Richard C. Hum, James R. Murphy:
A Dimensional Bus model for integrating clinical and research data.
- Shawn N. Murphy, Vivian Gainer, Michael Mendis, Susanne Churchill, Isaac S. Kohane:
Strategies for maintaining patient privacy in i2b2.
- George Hripcsak, David J. Albers, Adler J. Perotte:
Exploiting time in electronic health record correlations.
- Chunhua Weng, Xiaoying Wu, Zhihui Luo, Mary Regina Boland, Dimitri Theodoratos, Stephen B. Johnson:
EliXR: an approach to eligibility criteria extraction and representation.
- Philip R. O. Payne, Tara Borlawsky, Omkar Lele, Stephen L. James, Andrew W. Greaves:
The TOKEn project: knowledge synthesis for in silico science.
- Aziz A. Boxwala, Beatriz H. Rocha, Saverio M. Maviglia, Vipul Kashyap, Seth Meltzer, Jihoon Kim, Ruslana Tsurikova, Adam Wright, Marilyn D. Paterno, Amanda Fairbanks, Blackford Middleton:
A multi-layered framework for disseminating knowledge for computer-based decision support.
- Tara Borlawsky, Omkar Lele, Daniel Jensen, Nancy E. Hood, Mary Ellen Wewers:
Enabling distributed electronic research data collection for a rural Appalachian tobacco cessation study.
- Sunghwan Sohn, Jean-Pierre Kocher, Christopher G. Chute, Guergana K. Savova:
Drug side effect extraction from clinical narratives of psychiatry and psychology patients.
- Henk Harkema, Wendy Webber Chapman, Melissa Saul, Evan S. Dellon, Robert E. Schoen, Ateev Mehrotra:
Developing a natural language processing application for measuring the quality of colonoscopy procedures.
Last update Sat May 25 20:38:00 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Griffin M. Weber, William Barnett, Mike Conlon, David Eichmann, Warren Kibbe, Holly Falk-Krzesinski, Michael Halaas, Layne Johnson, Eric Meeks, Donald Mitchell, Titus Schleyer, Sarah Stallings, Michael Warden, Maninder Kahlon:
Direct2Experts: a pilot national network to demonstrate interoperability among research-networking platforms.
- Jonathan M. Kagan, Nitin Gupta, Suresh Varghese, Hemant Virkar:
The NIAID Division of AIDS enterprise information system: integrated decision support for global clinical research programs.