Volume 16, Number 1, January 2003
- Stephen Grossberg, Mitsuo Kawato, John G. Taylor:
Celebrating the Year with a Special Issue for IJCNN'03.
- Nicolas Schweighofer, Kenji Doya:
Meta-learning in Reinforcement Learning.
- Jun Tani:
Learning to generate articulated behavior through the bottom-up and the top-down interaction processes.
- Osamu Watanabe, Masanori Idesawa:
Computational model for neural representation of multiple disparities.
- Kazushi Ikeda:
A synfire chain in layered coincidence detectors with random synaptic delays.
- Tadashi Yamazaki:
Mathematical analysis of a correlation-based model for orientation map formation.
- Hiroshi Tsukimoto, Hisaaki Hatano:
The functional localization of neural networks using genetic algorithms.
- Marcelino Lázaro, Ignacio Santamaría, Carlos Pantaleón:
A new EM-based training algorithm for RBF networks.
- Martin Burger, Andreas Neubauer:
Analysis of Tikhonov regularization for function approximation by neural networks.
- Geoffrey G. Lockwood, Igor Alexander:
Predicting the behaviour of G-RAM networks.
- Ivan Gabrijel, Andrej Dobnikar:
On-line identification and reconstruction of finite automata with generalized recurrent neural networks.
- San-Kan Lee, Pau-Choo Chung, Chein-I Chang, Chien-Shun Lo, Tain Lee, Giu-Cheng Hsu, Chin-Wen Yang:
Classification of clustered microcalcifications using a Shape Cognitron neural network.
- Khaled Ahmed Nagaty:
On learning to estimate the block directional image of a fingerprint using a hierarchical neural network.
Volume 16, Number 2, March 2003
- Andrew I. Hanna, Danilo P. Mandic:
A complex-valued nonlinear neural adaptive filter with a gradient adaptive amplitude of the activation function.
- Simon M. Stringer, Edmund T. Rolls, Thomas P. Trappenberg, Ivan E. Tavares de Araújo:
Self-organizing continuous attractor networks and motor function.
- Hrushikesh Narhar Mhaskar, Francis J. Narcowich, Joseph D. Ward:
Zonal function network frames on the sphere.
- Antonio Fernández-Caballero, José Mira, Miguel Angel Fernández, Ana E. Delgado García:
On motion detection through a multi-layer neural network architecture.
- Chi-Sing Leung, Lai-Wan Chan:
Dual extended Kalman filtering in recurrent neural networks.
- Juan Antonio Pérez-Ortiz, Felix A. Gers, Douglas Eck, Jürgen Schmidhuber:
Kalman filters improve LSTM network performance in problems unsolvable by traditional recurrent nets.
- Yasar Becerikli, Ahmet Ferit Konar, Tariq Samad:
Intelligent optimal control with dynamic neural networks.
- Bart Bakker, Tom Heskes:
Clustering ensembles of neural network models.
- X. P. Cheng, R. V. Patel:
Neural network based tracking control of a flexible macro-micro manipulator system.
Volume 16, Numbers 3-4, April-May 2003 Neural Network Analysis of Complex Scientific Data:
Astronomy and Geosciences
- Roberto Tagliaferri, Giuseppe Longo, Bruno D'Argenio, Alberto Incoronato:
Introduction: Neural networks for analysis of complex scientific data: astronomy and geosciences.
- Roberto Tagliaferri, Giuseppe Longo, Leopoldo Milano, Fausto Acernese, Fabrizio Barone, Angelo Ciaramella, Rosario De Rosa, Ciro Donalek, Antonio Eleuteri, Giancarlo Raiconi, Salvatore Sessa, Antonino Staiano, Alfredo Volpicelli:
Neural neZtworks in astronomy.
- Vladimir M. Krasnopolsky, Helmut Schiller:
Some neural network applications in environmental sciences. Part I: forward and inverse problems in geophysical remote measurements.
- Vladimir M. Krasnopolsky, Frédéric Chevallier:
Some neural network applications in environmental sciences. Part II: advancing computational efficiency of environmental numerical models.
- Hugo Hidalgo, Sonia Sosa León, Enrique Gómez-Treviño:
Application of the kernel method to the inverse geosounding problem.
- Hector Socas-Navarro:
Measuring solar magnetic fields with artificial neural networks.
- D. Mancini, Massimo Brescia, P. Schipani:
Ground-based telescope pointing and tracking optimization using a neural controller.
- Daniela Baratta, Giovambattista Cicioni, Francesco Masulli, Léonard Studer:
Application of an ensemble technique based on singular spectrum analysis to daily rainfall forecasting.
- Thomas Villmann, Erzsébet Merényi, Barbara Hammer:
Neural maps in remote sensing image analysis.
- Enrique García-Berro, Santiago Torres-Alegre, Jordi Isern:
Using self-organizing maps to identify potential halo white dwarfs.
- Jorge Núñez, Jorge Yacer:
Astronomical image segmentation by self-organizing neural networks and wavelets.
- Robert J. Bullen, Dan Cornford, Ian T. Nabney:
Outlier detection in scatterometer data: neural network approaches.
- Giuseppe Acciani, Ernesto Chiarantoni, Girolamo Fornarelli, Silvano Vergura:
A feature extraction unsupervised neural network for an environmental data set.
- Zhiyong Liu, Kai Chun Chiu, Lei Xu:
Improved system for object detection and star/galaxy classification via local subspace analysis.
- Simone Fiori:
Overview of independent component analysis technique with an application to synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery processing.
- Maria Funaro, Erkki Oja, Harri Valpola:
Independent component analysis for artefact separation in astrophysical images.
- Ercan E. Kuruoglu, Luigi Bedini, Maria T. Paratore, Emanuele Salerno, Anna Tonazzini:
Source separation in astrophysical maps using independent factor analysis.
- Francesco Carlo Morabito, Mario Versaci:
Fuzzy neural identification and forecasting techniques to process experimental urban air pollution data.
- Erick Cantú-Paz, Chandrika Kamath:
Evolving neural networks to identify bent-double galaxies in the FIRST survey.
Volume 16, Numbers 5-6, June-July 2003 Advances in Neural Networks Research:
- Donald C. Wunsch II, Michael E. Hasselmo, DeLiang L. Wang, Ganesh K. Venayagamoorthy:
Welcome to the special issue: the best of the best.
- Antonio Ulloa, Daniel Bullock, Bradley J. Rhodes:
Adaptive force generation for precision-grip lifting by a spectral timing model of the cerebellum.
- David Casasent, Xue-wen Chen:
Radial basis function neural networks for nonlinear Fisher discrimination and Neyman-Pearson classification.
- Xiuwen Liu, Anuj Srivastava, DeLiang L. Wang:
Intrinsic generalization analysis of low dimensional representations.
- Min Han, Lei Cheng, Hua Meng:
Application of four-layer neural network on information extraction.
- Masakazu Matsugu, Katsuhiko Mori, Yusuke Mitari, Yuji Kaneda:
Subject independent facial expression recognition with robust face detection using a convolutional neural network.
- Ganesh Arulampalam, Abdesselam Bouzerdoum:
A generalized feedforward neural network architecture for classification and regression.
- Horatiu Voicu:
Hierarchical cognitive maps.
- Randal A. Koene, Anatoli Gorchetchnikov, Robert C. Cannon, Michael E. Hasselmo:
Modeling goal-directed spatial navigation in the rat based on physiological data from the hippocampal formation.
- Hassan H. Namarvar, Theodore W. Berger:
An efficient training algorithm for dynamic synapse neural networks using trust region methods.
- Cengiz Günay, Anthony S. Maida:
Temporal binding as an inducer for connectionist recruitment learning over delayed lines.
- Roberto A. Santiago, James McNames, Kim Burchiel, George G. Lendaris:
Developments in understanding neuronal spike trains and functional specializations in brain regions.
- LiMing Zhang, Jianfeng Mei:
Shaping up simple cell's receptive field of animal vision by ICA and its application in navigation system.
- Thomas P. Caudell, Yunhai Xiao, Michael J. Healy:
eLoom and Flatland: specification, simulation and visualization engines for the study of arbitrary hierarchical neural architectures.
- Peter Sussner:
Associative morphological memories based on variations of the kernel and dual kernel methods.
- Habtom W. Ressom, Dali Wang, Padma Natarajan:
Adaptive double self-organizing maps for clustering gene expression profiles.
- Cesare Furlanello, Maria Serafini, Stefano Merler, Giuseppe Jurman:
An accelerated procedure for recursive feature ranking on microarray data.
- Agustin Gutierrez-Galvez, Ricardo Gutierrez-Osuna:
Pattern completion through phase coding in population neurodynamics.
- Giorgio A. Ascoli:
Passive dendritic integration heavily affects spiking dynamics of recurrent networks.
- Ashraf M. Abdelbar, Emad A. M. Andrews, Donald C. Wunsch II:
Abductive reasoning with recurrent neural networks.
- Emílio Del Moral Hernandez:
Neural networks with chaotic recursive nodes: techniques for the design of associative memories, contrast with Hopfield architectures, and extensions for time-dependent inputs.
- Lee A. Feldkamp, Danil V. Prokhorov, Timothy M. Feldkamp:
Simple and conditioned adaptive behavior from Kalman filter trained recurrent networks.
- Stefan Wermter, Mark Elshaw:
Learning robot actions based on self-organising language memory.
- Ameet Joshi, Juyang Weng:
Autonomous mental development in high dimensional context and action spaces.
- Edgar N. Sanchez, Luis J. Ricalde:
Chaos control and synchronization, with input saturation, via recurrent neural networks.
- Radhakant Padhi, S. N. Balakrishnan:
Proper orthogonal decomposition based optimal neurocontrol synthesis of a chemical reactor process using approximate dynamic programming.
- Jianyu Li, Siwei Luo, Yingjian Qi, Yaping Huang:
Numerical solution of elliptic partial differential equation using radial basis function neural networks.
- Bernard Widrow, Max Kamenetsky:
Statistical efficiency of adaptive algorithms.
- Eiji Mizutani, James Demmel:
On structure-exploiting trust-region regularized nonlinear least squares algorithms for neural-network learning.
- Bart Kosko, Sanya Mitaim:
Stochastic resonance in noisy threshold neurons.
- Davide Anguita, Sandro Ridella, Fabio Rivieccio, Rodolfo Zunino:
Quantum optimization for training support vector machines.
- Louis Massey:
On the quality of ART1 text clustering.
- M. H. Wang, C. P. Hung:
Extension neural network and its applications.
- Daisuke Tsujinishi, Shigeo Abe:
Fuzzy least squares support vector machines for multiclass problems.
- John A. Bullinaria:
Evolving efficient learning algorithms for binary mappings.
- Ali Pezeshki, Mahmood R. Azimi-Sadjadi, Louis L. Scharf:
A network for recursive extraction of canonical coordinates.
- Ali Ghodsi, Dale Schuurmans:
Automatic basis selection techniques for RBF networks.
- Lei Xu:
Data smoothing regularization, multi-sets-learning, and problem solving strategies.
- Samuel A. Mulder, Donald C. Wunsch II:
Million city traveling salesman problem solution by divide and conquer clustering with adaptive resonance neural networks.
- A. Zaknich:
A practical sub-space adaptive filter.
- Adam E. Gaweda, Alfred A. Jacobs, Michael E. Brier, Jacek M. Zurada:
Pharmacodynamic population analysis in chronic renal failure using artificial neural networks - a comparative study.
- Ritaban Dutta, K. R. Kashwan, M. Bhuyan, Evor L. Hines, J. W. Gardner:
Electronic nose based tea quality standardization.
- Antonio Eleuteri, Roberto Tagliaferri, Leopoldo Milano, Sabino De Placido, Michele De Laurentiis:
A novel neural network-based survival analysis model.
- Sung-Phil Kim, Justin C. Sanchez, Deniz Erdogmus, Yadunandana N. Rao, Johan Wessberg, José Carlos Príncipe, Miguel A. L. Nicolelis:
Divide-and-conquer approach for brain machine interfaces: nonlinear mixture of competitive linear models.
- Yadunandana N. Rao, Deniz Erdogmus, Geetha Y. Rao, José Carlos Príncipe:
Stochastic error whitening algorithm for linear filter estimation with noisy data.
- Jung-Wook Park, Ronald G. Harley, Ganesh K. Venayagamoorthy:
New internal optimal neurocontrol for a series FACTS device in a power transmission line.
- Wenxin Liu, Ganesh K. Venayagamoorthy, Donald C. Wunsch II:
Design of an adaptive neural network based power system stabilizer.
- Dimitris A. Karras, Vasilios Zorkadis:
On neural network techniques in the secure management of communication systems through improving and quality assessing pseudorandom stream generators.
- Harold Szu, Steven Noel, Seong-Bin Yim, Jefferson Willey, Joe Landa:
Multimedia authenticity protection with ICA watermarking and digital bacteria vaccination.
- P. J. Kellman:
Interpolation processes in the visual perception of objects.
- Stephen Grossberg:
Laminar cortical dynamics of visual form perception.
- Stuart Anstis:
Moving objects appear to slow down at low contrasts.
- Ennio Mingolla:
Neural models of motion integration and segmentation.
Volume 16, Number 7, September 2003
- Masaki Nomura, Toshio Aoyagi, Masato Okada:
Two-level hierarchy with sparsely and temporally coded patterns and its possible functional role in information processing.
- Stephan K. Chalup, Alan D. Blair:
Incremental training of first order recurrent neural networks to predict a context-sensitive language.
- F. Gregory Ashby, Michael B. Casale:
A model of dopamine modulated cortical activation.
- Kazuyuki Samejima, Kenji Doya, Mitsuo Kawato:
Inter-module credit assignment in modular reinforcement learning.
- Zhaozhi Zhang, Xiaomin Ma, Yixian Yang:
Bounds on the number of hidden neurons in three-layer binary neural networks.
- Alex Alexandridis, Haralambos Sarimveis, George V. Bafas:
A new algorithm for online structure and parameter adaptation of RBF networks.
- Yi Liao, Shu-Cherng Fang, Henry L. W. Nuttle:
Relaxed conditions for radial-basis function networks to be universal approximators.
- Keisuke Yamazaki, Sumio Watanabe:
Singularities in mixture models and upper bounds of stochastic complexity.
- Emilio Parrado-Hernández, Eduardo Gómez-Sánchez, Yannis A. Dimitriadis:
Study of distributed learning as a solution to category proliferation in Fuzzy ARTMAP based neural systems.
- Bao-Liang Lu, Koji Ito:
Converting general nonlinear programming problems into separable programming problems with feedforward neural networks.
- Olga Parsons, Gail A. Carpenter:
ARTMAP neural networks for information fusion and data mining: map production and target recognition methodologies.
Volume 16, Number 8, October 2003
- Su Lee Goh, Danilo P. Mandic:
Recurrent neural networks with trainable amplitude of activation functions.
- Tohru Nitta:
Solving the XOR problem and the detection of symmetry using a single complex-valued neuron.
- Stephen Grossberg, Dmitry V. Repin:
A neural model of how the brain represents and compares multi-digit numbers: spatial and categorical processes.
- Antonio Ulloa, Daniel Bullock:
A neural network simulating human reach-grasp coordination by continuous updating of vector positioning commands.
- Armen R. Sargsyan, Albert A. Melkonyan, Costas Papatheodoropoulos, Hovhannes H. Mkrtchian, George K. Kostopoulos:
A model synapse that incorporates the properties of short- and long-term synaptic plasticity.
- Isao Tokuda, Ryuji Tokunaga, Kazuyuki Aihara:
Back-propagation learning of infinite-dimensional dynamical systems.
- Guoguang He, Zhitong Cao, Ping Zhu, Hisakazu Ogura:
Controlling chaos in a chaotic neural network.
- Simone Fiori:
Neural independent component analysis by "maximum-mismatch" learning principle.
- Tianguang Chu, Cishen Zhang, Zongda Zhang:
Necessary and sufficient condition for absolute stability of normal neural networks.
Volume 16, Number 9, November 2003 Neuroinformatics
- Shun-ichi Amari, Michael A. Arbib, Rolf Kötter:
Neuroinformatics - Introduction.
- Michael A. Arbib, Mihail Bota:
Language evolution: neural homologies and neuroinformatics.
- Rolf Kötter, Klaas E. Stephan:
Network participation indices: characterizing component roles for information processing in neural networks.
- Amarnath Gupta, Bertram Ludäscher, Jeffrey S. Grethe, Maryann E. Martone:
Towards a formalization of disease-specific ontologies for neuroinformatics.
- Shiro Usui:
Visiome: neuroinformatics research in vision project.
- Kazunori Sato, Yasuyuki Taki, Hiroshi Fukuda, Ryuta Kawashima:
Neuroanatomical database of normal Japanese brains.
- Jörn Anemüller, Terrence J. Sejnowski, Scott Makeig:
Complex independent component analysis of frequency-domain electroencephalographic data.
- Karl J. Friston:
Learning and inference in the brain.
- Lars Schwabe, Klaus Obermayer:
Modeling the adaptive visual system: a survey of principled approaches.
- Regina Mudra, Rodney J. Douglas:
Self-correction mechanism for path integration in a modular navigation system on the basis of an egocentric spatial map.
- Shinichi Kikuchi, Kenji Fujimoto, Noriyuki Kitagawa, Taro Fuchikawa, Michiko Abe, Kotaro Oka, Kohtaro Takei, Masaru Tomita:
Kinetic simulation of signal transduction system in hippocampal long-term potentiation with dynamic modeling of protein phosphatase 2A.
Volume 16, Number 10, December 2003
Last update Tue May 21 19:27:40 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Xiaofeng Liao, Guanrong Chen, Edgar N. Sanchez:
(Corr. to) Delay-dependent exponential stability analysis of delayed neural networks: an LMI approach.
- Wai-keung Fung, Yun-Hui Liu:
Adaptive categorization of ART networks in robot behavior learning using game-theoretic formulation.
- Pau Bofill, Roger Guimerà, Carme Torras:
Comparison of simulated annealing and mean field annealing as applied to the generation of block designs.
- D. Randall Wilson, Tony R. Martinez:
The general inefficiency of batch training for gradient descent learning.
- Wilson A. Truccolo, Govindan Rangarajan, Yonghong Chen, Mingzhou Ding:
Analyzing stability of equilibrium points in neural networks: a general approach.
- Qingyu Xiong, Kotaro Hirasawa, Jinglu Hu, Junichi Murata:
A functions localized neural network with branch gates.
- Nihat Ay, Thomas Wennekers:
Dynamical properties of strongly interacting Markov chains.
- E. M. Cochrane, J. E. Beasley:
The co-adaptive neural network approach to the Euclidean Travelling Salesman Problem.
- Nikolay I. Nikolaev, Hitoshi Iba:
Polynomial harmonic GMDH learning networks for time series modeling.