Volume 21, Number 1, January 2008
Mathematical and Computational Analysis
Engineering and Design
Technology and Applications
Volume 21, Numbers 2-3, March-April 2008 Advances in Neural Networks Research:
IJCNN '07, 2007 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks IJCNN '07
Artificial Neural Networks
Natural Systems, Cognitive Science, and Cognitive Modeling
- Carlos Alzate, Johan A. K. Suykens:
A regularized kernel CCA contrast function for ICA.
- Rui Chang, Wilfried Brauer, Martin Stetter:
Modeling semantics of inconsistent qualitative knowledge for quantitative Bayesian network inference.
- Eiji Mizutani, Stuart E. Dreyfus:
Second-order stagewise backpropagation for Hessian-matrix analyses and investigation of negative curvature.
- Vladimir Pestov:
An axiomatic approach to intrinsic dimension of a dataset.
- Yiming Wu, Xiuwen Liu, Washington Mio:
Learning representations for object classification using multi-stage optimal component analysis.
- Jian-Wu Xu, Hovagim Bakardjian, Andrzej Cichocki, Jose C. Principe:
A new nonlinear similarity measure for multichannel signals.
- Zhirong Yang, Jorma Laaksonen:
Principal whitened gradient for information geometry.
- Aydin Farajidavar, Sohrab Saeb, Khosrow Behbehani:
Incorporating synaptic time-dependent plasticity and dynamic synapse into a computational model of wind-up.
- José F. Fontanari, Leonid I. Perlovsky:
How language can help discrimination in the Neural Modelling Fields framework.
- Walter J. Freeman:
A pseudo-equilibrium thermodynamic model of information processing in nonlinear brain dynamics.
- Nikola K. Kasabov, Vishal Jain, Lubica Benuskova:
Integrating evolving brain-gene ontology and connectionist-based system for modeling and knowledge discovery.
- Randal A. Koene, Michael E. Hasselmo:
Reversed and forward buffering of behavioral spike sequences enables retrospective and prospective retrieval in hippocampal regions CA3 and CA1.
- Toshihiko Matsuka, Yasuaki Sakamoto, Arieta Chouchourelou:
Modeling a flexible representation machinery of human concept learning.
- Colin Molter, Yoko Yamaguchi:
Impact of temporal coding of presynaptic entorhinal cortex grid cells on the formation of hippocampal place fields.
- Gualtiero Piccinini:
Some neural networks compute, others don't.
- Adam Ponzi:
Dynamical model of salience gated working memory, action selection and reinforcement based on basal ganglia and dopamine feedback.
- Kazuhiro Shimonomura, Takayuki Kushima, Tetsuya Yagi:
Binocular robot vision emulating disparity computation in the primary visual cortex.
- Youping Xiao, Ravi Rao, Guillermo A. Cecchi, Ehud Kaplan:
Improved mapping of information distribution across the cortical surface with the support vector machine.
Cross Disciplinary Topics
- Hisashi Aomori, Tsuyoshi Otake, Nobuaki Takahashi, Mamoru Tanaka:
Sigma-delta cellular neural network for 2D modulation.
- Sheng Chen, Andreas Wolfgang, Chris J. Harris, Lajos Hanzo:
Adaptive nonlinear least bit error-rate detection for symmetrical RBF beamforming.
- Angelo Ciaramella, Sergio Cocozza, Francesco Iorio, Gennaro Miele, Francesco Napolitano, Michele Pinelli, Giancarlo Raiconi, Roberto Tagliaferri:
Interactive data analysis and clustering of genomic data.
- Alexandru George Floares:
A reverse engineering algorithm for neural networks, applied to the subthalamopallidal network of basal ganglia.
- Brandon D. Gallas, David G. Brown:
Reader studies for validation of CAD systems.
- Javid J. Huseynov, Shankar B. Baliga, Alan Widmer, Zvi Boger:
An adaptive method for industrial hydrocarbon flame detection.
- Qingshan Liu, Jun Wang:
Two k-winners-take-all networks with discontinuous activation functions.
- Paulo J. G. Lisboa, Terence A. Etchells, Ian H. Jarman, M. S. Hane Aung, Sylvie Chabaud, Thomas Bachelot, David Perol, Thérèse Gargi, Valérie Bourdès, Stéphane Bonnevay, Sylvie Négrier:
Time-to-event analysis with artificial neural networks: An integrated analytical and rule-based study for breast cancer.
- Maciej A. Mazurowski, Piotr A. Habas, Jacek M. Zurada, Joseph Y. Lo, Jay A. Baker, Georgia D. Tourassi:
Training neural network classifiers for medical decision making: The effects of imbalanced datasets on classification performance.
- Fabian Ojeda, Johan A. K. Suykens, Bart De Moor:
Low rank updated LS-SVM classifiers for fast variable selection.
- Xiang Peng, Irwin King:
Robust BMPM training based on second-order cone programming and its application in medical diagnosis.
- Danil V. Prokhorov:
Toyota Prius HEV neurocontrol and diagnostics.
- Wei Qiao, Ganesh K. Venayagamoorthy, Ronald G. Harley:
Optimal wide-area monitoring and nonlinear adaptive coordinating neurocontrol of a power system with wind power integration and multiple FACTS devices.
- Berkman Sahiner, Heang-Ping Chan, Lubomir M. Hadjiiski:
Classifier performance estimation under the constraint of a finite sample size: Resampling schemes applied to neural network classifiers.
- Dipti Srinivasan, Vishal Sharma, Kar-Ann Toh:
Reduced multivariate polynomial-based neural network for automated traffic incident detection.
- Bryan D. Thompson, Mahmood R. Azimi-Sadjadi:
Iterative multi-channel coherence analysis with applications.
- Yu-Chiang Frank Wang, David Casasent:
New support vector-based design method for binary hierarchical classifiers for multi-class classification problems.
Volume 21, Number 4, May 2008
- Stefan Schaal, Yoshihiko Nakamura, Paolo Dario:
Special issue on robotics and neuroscience.
- Jeffrey L. McKinstry, Anil K. Seth, Gerald M. Edelman, Jeffrey L. Krichmar:
Embodied models of delayed neural responses: Spatiotemporal categorization and predictive motor control in brain based devices.
- Christian Faubel, Gregor Schöner:
Learning to recognize objects on the fly: A neurally based dynamic field approach.
- Renaud Ronsse, Philippe Lefèvre, Rodolphe Sepulchre:
Robotics and neuroscience: A rhythmic interaction.
- Jun Tani, Ryunosuke Nishimoto, Rainer W. Paine:
Achieving "organic compositionality" through self-organization: Reviews on brain-inspired robotics experiments.
- Christian Smith, Mattias Bratt, Henrik I. Christensen:
Teleoperation for a ball-catching task with significant dynamics.
- Arash Mahboobin, Patrick J. Loughlin, Mark S. Redfern, Stuart O. Anderson, Christopher G. Atkeson, Jessica K. Hodgins:
Sensory adaptation in human balance control: Lessons for biomimetic robotic bipeds.
- Benoît Girard, Nicolas Tabareau, Quang-Cuong Pham, Alain Berthoz, Jean-Jacques E. Slotine:
Where neuroscience and dynamic system theory meet autonomous robotics: A contracting basal ganglia model for action selection.
- Auke Jan Ijspeert:
Central pattern generators for locomotion control in animals and robots: A review.
- Samuel K. Au, Max Berniker, Hugh M. Herr:
Powered ankle-foot prosthesis to assist level-ground and stair-descent gaits.
- Christophe Maufroy, Hiroshi Kimura, Kunikatsu Takase:
Towards a general neural controller for quadrupedal locomotion.
- Jan Peters, Stefan Schaal:
Reinforcement learning of motor skills with policy gradients.
Volume 21, Number 5, June 2008
Mathematical and Computational Analysis
Volume 21, Number 6, August 2008
- Danilo P. Mandic, Wlodzislaw Duch:
- Yoshiyuki Asai, Apratim Guha, Alessandro E. P. Villa:
Deterministic neural dynamics transmitted through neural networks.
- Francisco J. Veredas, Héctor Mesa, Luis A. Martínez:
Imprecise correlated activity in self-organizing maps of spiking neurons.
- Elisa Magosso, Cristiano Cuppini, Andrea Serino, Giuseppe Di Pellegrino, Mauro Ursino:
A theoretical study of multisensory integration in the superior colliculus by a neural network model.
- Simon McGregor:
Further results in multiset processing with neural networks.
- Jiri Grim, Jan Hora:
Iterative principles of recognition in probabilistic neural networks.
- Ying Wu, Colin Fyfe, Pei Ling Lai:
Two forms of immediate reward reinforcement learning for exploratory data analysis.
- Mark Robinson, Cristina González Castellano, Faisal Rezwan, Rod Adams, Neil Davey, Alastair Rust, Yi Sun:
Combining experts in order to identify binding sites in yeast and mouse genomic data.
- Eric A. Antonelo, Benjamin Schrauwen, Dirk Stroobandt:
Event detection and localization for small mobile robots using reservoir computing.
- Giuliano Grossi, Federico Pedersini:
FPGA implementation of a stochastic neural network for monotonic pseudo-Boolean optimization.
Volume 21, Number 7, September 2008
- Vito Logar, Ales Belic, Blaz Koritnik, Simon Brezan, Janez Zidar, Rihard Karba, Drago Matko:
Using ANNs to predict a subject's response based on EEG traces.
- Simon M. Stringer, Edmund T. Rolls:
Learning transform invariant object recognition in the visual system with multiple stimuli present during training.
- Iván Olier, Alfredo Vellido:
Advances in clustering and visualization of time series using GTM through time.
- Jiann-Ming Wu, Meng-Hong Chen, Zheng-Han Lin:
Independent component analysis based on marginal density estimation using weighted Parzen windows.
- Sven Buchholz, Gerald Sommer:
On Clifford neurons and Clifford multi-layer perceptrons.
- Riadh Mtibaa, Masanori Idesawa, Yutaka Sakaguchi, Fumihiko Ishida:
A computational model of perceptual grouping and 3D surface completion in the mime effect.
- Sébastien Issanchou, Jean-Pierre Gauchi:
Computer-aided optimal designs for improving neural network generalization.
- César Hervás-Martínez, Francisco J. Martínez-Estudillo, Mariano Carbonero-Ruz:
Multilogistic regression by means of evolutionary product-unit neural networks.
- Jacques Demongeot, Sylvain Sené:
Boundary conditions and phase transitions in neural networks. Simulation results.
- Jacques Demongeot, Christelle Jézéquel, Sylvain Sené:
Boundary conditions and phase transitions in neural networks. Theoretical results.
- Kenji Nagata, Sumio Watanabe:
Asymptotic behavior of exchange ratio in exchange Monte Carlo method.
- Haikun Wei, Shun-ichi Amari:
Dynamics of learning near singularities in radial basis function networks.
- J. Manuel Cano Izquierdo, Julio Ibarrola, Miguel Pinzolas, Miguel Almonacid:
dNSP: A biologically inspired dynamic Neural network approach to Signal Processing.
- Koichi Odajima, Yoichi Hayashi, Gong Tianxia, Rudy Setiono:
Greedy rule generation from discrete data and its use in neural network rule extraction.
- Nadia Mammone, Francesco Carlo Morabito:
Enhanced automatic artifact detection based on independent component analysis and Renyi's entropy.
- Sébastien Hélie:
Energy minimization in the nonlinear dynamic recurrent associative memory.
Volume 21, Number 8, October 2008
- Jan G. Bjaalie, Sten Grillner, Shiro Usui:
Neuroinformatics: Databases, tools, and computational modeling for studying the nervous system.
- Tomoki Kazawa, Hidetoshi Ikeno, Ryohei Kanzaki:
Development and application of a neuroinformatics environment for neuroscience and neuroethology.
- Akira Sato, Yukiko Sekine, Chihiro Saruta, Hirozumi Nishibe, Noriyuki Morita, Yumi Sato, Tetsushi Sadakata, Yo Shinoda, Toshio Kojima, Teiichi Furuichi:
Cerebellar development transcriptome database (CDT-DB): Profiling of spatio-temporal gene expression during the postnatal development of mouse cerebellum.
- Andreas V. M. Herz, Ralph Meier, Martin P. Nawrot, Willi Schiegel, Tiziano Zito:
G-Node: An integrated tool-sharing platform to support cellular and systems neurophysiology in the age of global neuroinformatics.
- Martyn Fletcher, Bojian Liang, Leslie Smith, Alastair Knowles, Tom Jackson, Mark Jessop, Jim Austin:
Neural network based pattern matching and spike detection tools and services - in the CARMEN neuroinformatics project.
- Ralph Meier, Ulrich Egert, Ad Aertsen, Martin P. Nawrot:
FIND - A unified framework for neural data analysis.
- Jie Cui, Lei Xu, Steven L. Bressler, Mingzhou Ding, Hualou Liang:
BSMART: A Matlab/C.
- Xiaoli Li, John G. R. Jefferys, John Fox, Xin Yao:
Neuronal population oscillations of rat hippocampus during epileptic seizures.
- Jo-Anne Ting, Aaron D'Souza, Kenji Yamamoto, Toshinori Yoshioka, Donna L. Hoffman, Shinji Kakei, Lauren Sergio, John Kalaska, Mitsuo Kawato, Peter Strick, Stefan Schaal:
Variational Bayesian least squares: An application to brain-machine interface data.
- Brad Aisa, Brian Mingus, Randy O'Reilly:
The Emergent neural modeling system.
- Ruggero Scorcioni, David J. Hamilton, Giorgio A. Ascoli:
Self-sustaining non-repetitive activity in a large scale neuronal-level model of the hippocampal circuit.
- Marc de Kamps, Volker Baier, Johannes Drever, Melanie Dietz, Lorenz Mösenlechner, Frank van der Velde:
The state of MIIND.
- Wentao Huang, Licheng Jiao, Jianhua Jia:
Modeling contextual modulation in the primary visual cortex.
- Kazuhiro Shimonomura, Tetsuya Yagi:
Neuromorphic VLSI vision system for real-time texture segregation.
- Antoine Naud, Shiro Usui:
Exploration of a collection of documents in neuroscience and extraction of topics by clustering.
Volume 21, Number 9, November 2008
- George Mengov, Henrik Egbert, Stefan Pulov, Kalin Georgiev:
Emotional balances in experimental consumer choices.
- Alexandra Laflamme-Sanders, Mu Zhu:
LAGO on the unit sphere.
- Yuichi Yamashita, Miki Takahasi, Tetsu Okumura, Maki Ikebuchi, Hiroko Yamada, Madoka Suzuki, Kazuo Okanoya, Jun Tani:
Developmental learning of complex syntactical song in the Bengalese finch: A neural network model.
- Liel Rubinsky, Nadav Raichman, Jacob Lavee, Hanan Frenk, Eshel Ben-Jacob:
Spatio-temporal motifs 'remembered' in neuronal networks following profound hypothermia.
- Konrad Schindler, Luc J. Van Gool, Béatrice de Gelder:
Recognizing emotions expressed by body pose: A biologically inspired neural model.
- Kay Henning Brodersen, William D. Penny, Lee M. Harrison, Jean Daunizeau, Christian C. Ruff, Emrah Düzel, Karl J. Friston, Klaas E. Stephan:
Integrated Bayesian models of learning and decision making for saccadic eye movements.
- Joaquín J. Torres, Joaquín Marro, Jesús M. Cortés, B. Wemmenhove:
Instabilities in attractor networks with fast synaptic fluctuations and partial updating of the neurons activity.
- Masashi Sugiyama, Neil Rubens:
A batch ensemble approach to active learning with model selection.
- Habiboulaye Amadou Boubacar, Stéphane Lecoeuche, Salah Maouche:
SAKM: Self-adaptive kernel machine A kernel-based algorithm for online clustering.
- Luís M. Silva, Joaquim Marques de Sá, Luís A. Alexandre:
Data classification with multilayer perceptrons using a generalized error function.
- Leila Ait Gougam, Mouloud Tribeche, Fawzia Mekideche-Chafa:
A systematic investigation of a neural network for function approximation.
- Qingxiang Wu, T. Martin McGinnity, Liam P. Maguire, Ammar Belatreche, Brendan P. Glackin:
2D co-ordinate transformation based on a spike timing-dependent plasticity learning mechanism.
- Ralph Linsker:
Neural network learning of optimal Kalman prediction and control.
- Nicolás García-Pedrajas, Domingo Ortiz-Boyer:
Boosting random subspace method.
- Fernanda L. Minku, Teresa Bernarda Ludermir:
Clustering and co-evolution to construct neural network ensembles: An experimental study.
- Narayan Srinivasa, Stephen Grossberg:
A head-neck-eye system that learns fault-tolerant saccades to 3-D targets using a self-organizing neural model.
- Lin Wu, Pierre Baldi:
Learning to play Go using recursive neural networks.
- Sunho Park, Seungjin Choi:
A constrained sequential EM algorithm for speech enhancement.
- Elif Derya Übeyli:
Implementing eigenvector methods/probabilistic neural networks for analysis of EEG signals.
- Eiji Mizutani, Stuart E. Dreyfus:
Corrigendum to: "Second-order stagewise backpropagation for Hessian-matrix analyses and investigation of negative curvature" [Neural Netw. 21(2-3) (2008) 193-203].
Volume 21, Number 10, December 2008
Last update Fri May 24 20:43:08 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Masumi Ishikawa, Kenji Doya:
Mini-special issue: ICONIP 2007.
- Sungmoon Jeong, Sang-Woo Ban, Minho Lee:
Stereo saliency map considering affective factors and selective motion analysis in a dynamic environment.
- Hirotsugu Okuno, Tetsuya Yagi:
A visually guided collision warning system with a neuromorphic architecture.
- Hee-Sang Ko, Kwang Y. Lee, Min-Jae Kang, Ho-Chan Kim:
Power quality control of an autonomous wind-diesel power system based on hybrid intelligent controller.
- Eiji Uchibe, Kenji Doya:
Finding intrinsic rewards by embodied evolution and constrained reinforcement learning.
- Liang Hu, Huijun Gao, Wei Xing Zheng:
Novel stability of cellular neural networks with interval time-varying delay.
- Wei Wu, Dong Nan, Jinling Long, Yu-mei Ma:
A comment on "Relaxed conditions for radial-basis function networks to be universal approximators".
- Jun Namikawa, Jun Tani:
A model for learning to segment temporal sequences, utilizing a mixture of RNN experts together with adaptive variance.
- Joshua P. Salmon, Thomas P. Trappenberg:
Modeling the integration of expectations in visual search with centre-surround neural fields.
- Patryk A. Laurent:
The emergence of saliency and novelty responses from Reinforcement Learning principles.
- Wlodzislaw Duch, Pawel Matykiewicz, John Pestian:
Neurolinguistic approach to natural language processing with applications to medical text analysis.
- Willem Waegeman, Bernard De Baets, Luc Boullart:
Learning layered ranking functions with structured support vector machines.
- Simone Fiori:
Lie-group-type neural system learning by manifold retractions.
- Filip Piekniewski, Tomasz Schreiber:
Spontaneous scale-free structure of spike flow graphs in recurrent neural networks.
- Shen Furao, Osamu Hasegawa:
A fast nearest neighbor classifier based on self-organizing incremental neural network.
- Yongping Zhao, Jianguo Sun:
Robust support vector regression in the primal.
- Meng Joo Er, Yi Zhou:
Automatic generation of fuzzy inference systems via unsupervised learning.