Volume 27, Number 1, January 1994
- Michael Lindenbaum, M. Fischer, Alfred M. Bruckstein:
On Gabor's contribution to image enhancement.
- Soo-Chang Pei, Lin-Gwo Liou:
Finding the motion, position and orientation of a planar patch in 3D space from scaled-orthographic projection.
- Peter Wai-Ming Tsang, Pong Chi Yuen, Kai Kwong Lam:
Classification of partially occluded objects using 3-point matching and distance transformation.
- Giovanni Seni, Edward Cohen:
External word segmentation of off-line handwritten text lines.
- Guangzheng Yang, Thomas S. Huang:
Human face detection in a complex background.
- John Chung-Mong Lee, Ting-Chuen Pong, James R. Slagle, Albert C. Esterline:
An experimental study of an object recognition system that learns.
- Lalit Gupta, Jiesheng Wang, Alain Charles, Paul Kisatsky:
Three-layer perceptron based classifiers for the partial shape classification problem.
- Naomi Blatt, Jacob Rubinstein:
The canonical coordinates method for pattern recognition--II. Isomorphisms with affine transformations.
- Harish K. Sardana, M. Farhang Daemi, Mohammad K. Ibrahim:
Global description of edge patterns using moments.
- Russell E. Muzzolini, Yee-Hong Yang, Roger Pierson:
Texture characterization using robust statistics.
- R. D. Zhang, Jack-Gérard Postaire:
Convexity dependent morphological transformations for mode detection in cluster analysis.
- Padhraic Smyth:
Hidden Markov models for fault detection in dynamic system.
- Qin Chen, J. Y. S. Luh:
Ambiguity reduction by relaxation labeling.
- Robert S. Ledley:
Ethical integrity and standards.
Volume 27, Number 2, February 1994
- Terry M. Caelli, Ashley Dreier:
Variations on the evidence-based object recognition theme.
- Wen-Tsuen Chen, Tzren-Ru Chou:
A hierarchical deformation model for on-line cursive script recognition.
- Cheng-Huang Tung, Yuan-Jong Chen, Hsi-Jian Lee:
Performance analysis of an OCR system via an artificial handwritten chinese character generator.
- David S. Doermann, Venugopal Varma, Azriel Rosenfeld:
Instrument grasp: a model and its effects on handwritten strokes.
- Burzin Bhavnagri:
A method for representing shape based on an equivalence relation on polygons.
- Chin-Chuan Han, Kuo-Chin Fan:
Skeleton generation of engineering drawings via contour matching.
- William E. Higgins, Chaoming Hsu:
Edge detection using two-dimensional local structure information.
- Punam K. Saha, Bidyut Baran Chaudhuri, Bhabatosh Chanda, D. Dutta Majumder:
Topology preservation in 3D digital space.
- Minoru Ito, Akira Ishii:
A non-iterative procedure for rapid and precise camera calibration.
- Ginige L. De Silva, Jonathan J. Hull:
Proper noun detection in document images.
- G. Phanendra Babu, M. Narasimha Murty:
Clustering with evolution strategies.
Volume 27, Number 3, March 1994
- Shinichi Tamura, Eung-Kyeu Kim, Robert Close, Yoshinobu Sato:
Error correction in laser scanner three-dimensional measurement by two-axis model and coarse-fine parameter search.
- Qian Huang, Jacob R. Lorch, Richard C. Dubes:
Can the fractal dimension of images be measured?
- Christophe Ducottet, Joannès Daniere, Martine Moine, Jean-Paul Schon, Michel Courbon:
Localization of objects with circular symmetry in a noisy image using wavelet transforms and adapted correlation.
- Sanjiv K. Bhatia, Chaman L. Sabharwal:
A fast implementation of a perfect hash function for picture objects.
- Frank C. D. Tsai:
Geometric hashing with line features.
- Yuhong Yu, Ashok Samal, Sharad C. Seth:
Isolating symbols from connection lines in a class of engineering drawings.
- H. Weissman, Markus Schenkel, Isabelle Guyon, C. Nohl, Donnie Henderson:
Recognition-based segmentation of on-line run-on handprinted words: Input vs. output segmentation.
- Mohamed S. Kamel, Shokri Z. Selim:
New algorithms for solving the fuzzy clustering problem.
- Richard J. Hathaway, James C. Bezdek:
Nerf c-means: Non-Euclidean relational fuzzy clustering.
- Richard E. Blake:
Partitioning graph matching with constraints.
- Hsi-Jian Lee, Min-Chou Lee:
Understanding mathematical expressions using procedure-oriented transformation.
Volume 27, Number 4, April 1994
- Abhijit Mahalanobis:
- David DeKruger, Bobby R. Hunt:
Image processing and neural networks for recognition of cartographic area features.
- James L. Blue, Gerald T. Candela, Patrick Grother, Rama Chellappa, Charles L. Wilson:
Evaluation of pattern classifiers for fingerprint and OCR applications.
- Clayton Stewart, Yi-Chuan Lu, Victor Larson:
A neural clustering approach for high resolution radar target classification.
- Anoop Chandola, Abhijit Mahalanobis:
Ordered rules for full sentence translation: A neural network realization and a case study for Hindi and English.
- Bahram Javidi, Jun Wang, Qing Tang:
Nonlinear joint transform correlators.
- B. V. K. Vijaya Kumar, James D. Brasher, Charles F. Hester, Gopal L. Srinivasan, Srinivas Bollapragada:
Synthetic discriminant functions for recognition of images on the boundary of the convex hull of the training set.
- Mohammad Rahmati, Laurence G. Hassebrook:
Intensity- and distortion-invariant pattern recognition with complex linear morphology.
- Gregory Green:
Distortion invariant volterra filters.
- James D. Brasher, Jason M. Kinser:
Fractional-power synthetic discriminant functions.
- Gary W. Carhart, Bret F. Draayer, Michael K. Giles:
Optical pattern recognition using bayesian classification.
- Leslie M. Novak, Gregory J. Owirka, Christine M. Netishen:
Radar target identification using spatial matched filters.
- Abhuit Mahalanobis, Arthur V. Forman Jr., Nathalie Day, Mark Bower, Rich Cherry:
Multi-class SAR ATR using shift-invariant correlation filters.
Volume 27, Number 5, May 1994
- Dimitris A. Mitzias, Basil G. Mertzios:
Shape recognition with a neural classifier based on a fast polygon approximation technique.
- Andreas Held, Keiichi Abe:
On the decomposition of binary shapes into meaningful parts.
- Jin Wang, Jack S. N. Jean:
Segmentation of merged characters by neural networks and shortest path.
- Philippe Andrey, Philippe Tarroux:
Unsupervised image segmentation using a distributed genetic algorithm.
- Changjing Shang, Keith Brown:
Principal features-based texture classification with neural networks.
- Walter F. Bischof, Terry M. Caelli:
Learning structural descriptions of patterns: A new technique for conditional clustering and rule generation.
- Du-Ming Tsai, Ming-fong Chen:
Curve fitting approach for tangent angle and curvature measurements.
- Alexander Shustorovich:
Scale specific and robust edge/line encoding with linear combinations of Gabor wavelets.
- A. Li, Gregory A. Crebbin:
Octree encoding of objects from range images.
- Xiaofan Liu, Shaohua Tan, V. Srinivasan, Sim Heng Ong, Weixin Xie:
Fuzzy pyramid-based invariant object recognition.
- Eric Chen-Kuo Tsao, James C. Bezdek, Nikhil R. Pal:
Fuzzy Kohonen clustering networks.
Volume 27, Number 6, June 1994
- Deok J. Park, Kwon Moon Nam, Rae-Hong Park:
Edge detection in noisy images based on the co-occurrence matrix.
- Richard H. Glendinning:
Signal plus noise models in shape classification.
- Bingcheng Li, Jun Shen:
Two-dimensional local moment, surface fitting and their fast computation.
- Xangdong Xie, Raghavan Sudhakar, Hanqi Zhuang:
On improving eye feature extraction using deformable templates.
- Erland Jungert:
Qualitative spatial reasoning from the observer's point of view-towards a generalization of symbolic projection.
- Sabri A. Mahmoud:
Arabic character recognition using fourier descriptors and character contour encoding.
- Su Liang, Malayappan Shridhar, Majid Ahmadi:
Segmentation of touching characters in printed document recognition.
- Ari Veijanen:
Unsupervised image segmentation using an unlabeled region process.
- Zhenmin Chen, John W. Van Ness:
Space-contracting, space-dilating, and positive admissible clustering algorithms.
- I-Chang Jou, Shih-Shien You, Long-Wen Chang:
Analysis of hidden nodes for multi-layer perceptron neural networks.
- Ishwar K. Sethi:
Comments on "tracking multiple features using relaxation".
- Robert S. Ledley:
Volume 27, Number 7, July 1994
- Afonso Ferreira, Stéphane Ubéda:
Ultra-fast parallel contour tracking, with applications to thinning.
- Gang Xu, Eigo Segawa, Saburo Tsuji:
Robust active contours with insensitive parameters.
- Wen-Tsuen Chen, Chia-Hsien Wen, Chin-Wen Yang:
A fast two-dimensional entropic thresholding algorithm.
- Seong-Whan Lee, Jeong-Seon Park:
Nonlinear shape normalization methods for the recognition of large-set handwritten characters.
- Takio Kurita, Iwao Sekita, Nobuyuki Otsu:
Invariant distance measures for planar shapes based on complex autoregressive model.
- Dong Hyun Kim, Rae-Hong Park:
Analysis of quantization error in line-based stereo matching.
- Kameswara Rao Namuduri, Rajiv Mehrotra, Nagarajan Ranganathan:
Efficient computation of gabor filter based multiresolution responses.
- Ishwar K. Sethi, Jae Hung Yoo:
Design of multicategory multifeature split decision trees using perceptron learning.
- Witold Dzwinel:
How to make sammon's mapping useful for multidimensional data structures analysis.
Volume 27, Number 8, August 1994
- Shing-Huan Lee, Jin-Jang Leou:
A dynamic programming approach to line segment matching in stereo vision.
- Ding Mingyune, Friedrich M. Wahl:
Using space continuity and orientation constraints for range data acquisition.
- Guido Maria Cortelazzo, Gian Antonio Mian, G. Vezzi, Piero Zamperoni:
Trademark shapes description by string-matching techniques.
- Senthil Kumar, Nathan Ranganathan, Dmitry B. Goldgof:
Parallel algorithms for circle detection in images.
- Xiaoping Li, Tongwen Chen:
Nonlinear diffusion with multiple edginess thresholds.
- Gabriella Sanniti di Baja, Edouard Thiel:
(3, 4)-weighted skeleton decomposition for pattern representation and description.
- S. Philipp, M. Smadja:
Approximation of granular textures by quadric surfaces.
- Stefan Aeberhard, Danny Coomans, Olivier Y. de Vel:
Comparative analysis of statistical pattern recognition methods in high dimensional settings.
- Tamás Szirányi:
Subpixel pattern recognition by image histograms.
- Cheng-Huang Tung, Hsi-Jian Lee, Jeng-Yuh Tsai:
Multi-stage pre-candidate selection in handwritten chinese character recognition systems.
- Duc Truong Pham, Eduardo Bayro-Corrochano:
Self-organizing neural-network-based pattern clustering method with fuzzy outputs.
- Yagnesh C. Trivedi, Ludwik Kurz:
A class of robust image processors.
Volume 27, Number 9, September 1994
- Phil L. Palmer, Josef Kittler, Maria Petrou:
Using focus of attention with the hough transform for accurate line parameter estimation.
- Yung-Sheng Chen:
Segmentation and association among lines and junctions for a line image.
- Suchendra M. Bhandarkar, Yiqing Zhang, Walter D. Potter:
An edge detection technique using genetic algorithm-based optimization.
- Amitava Datta, Swapan K. Parui:
A robust parallel thinning algorithm for binary images.
- Soo-Chang Pei, Lin-Gwo Liou:
Automatic symmetry determination and normalization for rotationally symmetric 2D shapes and 3D solid objects.
- Dominique Valentin, Hervé Abdi, Alice J. O'Toole, Garrison W. Cottrell:
Connectionist models of face processing: A survey.
- Adrian R. Pearce, Terry M. Caelli, Walter F. Bischof:
Rulegraphs for graph matching in pattern recognition.
- P. W. Huang, Y. R. Jean:
Using 2D C+-strings as spatial knowledge representation for image database systems.
- Cheng-Huang Tung, Hsi-Jian Lee:
Increasing character recognition accuracy by detection and correction of erroneously identified characters.
- Seong-Whan Lee, Hee-Heon Song:
Optimal design of reference models for large-set handwritten character recognition.
- Chein-I Chang, Kebo Chen, Jianwei Wang, Mark L. G. Althouse:
A relative entropy-based approach to image thresholding.
Volume 27, Number 10, October 1994
- Ho J. Kim, Hyun S. Yang:
A neural network capable of learning and inference for visual pattern recognition.
- Nagaraj Nandhakumar, Sankaran Karthik, Jake K. Aggarwal:
Unified modeling of non-homogeneous 3D objects for thermal and visual image synthesis.
- George K. Matsopoulos, S. Marshall:
Use of morphological image processing techniques for the measurement of a fetal head from ultrasound images.
- Daniel X. Le, George R. Thoma, Harry Wechsler:
Automated page orientation and skew angle detection for binary document images.
- Chinmoy B. Bose, Shyh-Shiaw Kuo:
Connected and degraded text recognition using hidden Markov model.
- Tsai-Zong Lin, Kuo-Chin Fan:
Coarse classification of on-line Chinese characters via structure feature-based method.
- N. B. Venkateswarlu, S. Balaji, P. S. V. S. K. Raju, Roger D. Boyle:
Some further results of three stage ML classification applied to remotely sensed images.
- Jarle Strand, Torfinn Taxt:
Local frequency features for texture classification.
- Giovanni Marola, Anna Vaccarelli:
An algebraic method for detection and recognition of polyhedral objects from a single image.
- Toshio Uchiyama, Michael A. Arbib:
An algorithm for competitive learning in clustering problems.
- Jin-Nan Liaw, Rangasami L. Kashyap:
A new sequential classifier using information criterion window.
Volume 27, Number 11, November 1994
- Shyi-Chyi Cheng, Wen-Hsiang Tsai:
Image compression by moment-preserving edge detection.
- Mitra Basu:
Gaussian derivative model for edge enhancement.
- Henk Philip Snijder, Cees van Leeuwen:
A minimal architecture for detecting object location and motion.
- Soo-Chang Pei, Lin-Gwo Liou:
Rigid motion and structure from several sets of parallel lines in a monocular image sequence.
- Youngtae Park:
A comparison of neural net classifiers and linear tree classifiers: Their similarities and differences.
- Pau-Choo Chung, Ching-Tsorng Tsai, E-Liang Chen, Yung-Nien Sun:
Polygonal approximation using a competitive Hopfield neural network.
- Jun Jae Lee, Jae Chang Shim, Yeong Ho Ha:
Stereo correspondence using the Hopfield neural network of a new energy function.
- Reiner Lenz, Peter Meer:
Point configuration invariants under simultaneous projective and permutation transformations.
- Soo-Chang Pei, Ji-Hwei Horng:
Corner point detection using nest moving average.
- Jiangying Zhou, Theodosios Pavlidis:
Discrimination of characters by a multi-stage recognition process.
- Toyofumi Saito, Jun-ichiro Toriwaki:
New algorithms for euclidean distance transformation of an n-dimensional digitized picture with applications.
- Wen Wei, Jerry M. Mendel:
Optimality tests for the fuzzy c-means algorithm.
Volume 27, Number 12, December 1994
Last update Sat May 18 20:50:35 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Yun Q. Shi, Chang-Qing Shu, J. N. Pan:
Unified optical flow field approach to motion analysis from a sequence of stereo images.
- Ping-Sing Tsai, Mubarak Shah, Katharine Keiter, Takis Kasparis:
Cyclic motion detection for motion based recognition.
- Dong-Gyu Sim, Young Kug Ham, Rae-Hong Park:
On-line recognition of cursive Korean characters using DP matching and fuzzy concept.
- Yingyong Qi, Bobby R. Hunt:
Signature verification using global and grid features.
- Seong-Whan Lee, Eun-Soon Kim:
Efficient postprocessing algorithms for error correction in handwritten Hangul address and human name recognition.
- Seong-Whan Lee, Ki-Cheol Kim:
Address block location on handwritten Korean envelopes by the merging and splitting method.
- V. Srinivasan, P. Bhatia, Sim Heng Ong:
Edge detection using a neural network.
- S. Chattopadhyay, P. P. Das, D. Ghosh Dastidar:
Reconstruction of a digital circle.
- Frank Y. Shih, Wai-Tak Wong:
Fully parallel thinning with tolerance to boundary noise.
- A. Daffertshofer, H. Haken:
A new approach to recognition of deformed patterns.
- Tzong-Wann Kao, Shi-Jinn Horng:
Efficient algorithms for computing two nearest-neighbor problems on a rap.
- Michael Spann, A. E. Grace:
Adaptive segmentation of noisy and textured images.
- Shuenn-Shyang Wang, Po-Cheng Chen, Wen-Gou Lin:
Invariant pattern recognition by moment fourier descriptor.
- Melanie A. Sutton, Louise Stark, Kevin W. Bowyer:
GRUFF-3: Generalizing the domain of a function-based recognition system.
- Bingcheng Li, Song De Ma:
Approximation of an arbitrary filter and its recursive implementation.
- Ishwar K. Sethi, Nilesh V. Patel, Jae Hung Yoo:
A general approach for token correspondence.
- Liang-Hwa Chen, Shyang Chang:
An adaptive conscientious competitive learning algorithm and its applications.
- Mohammad R. Sayeh, Ragu Athinarayanan, Mehdi R. Zargham:
Operation of an associative memory.